The food thread

I can't eat solid food until Dec 6. My surgery is right around the corner.

I have chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla Ensure. Yummy! If only they made turkey and stuffing flavor, and Brussels sprouts too. I'll sent them an email.

Last year I hardly ate anything at Thanksgiving. I thought this year would be better. Never again will I be able to eat and fill my gut like the old days.

I'm looking forward to Christmas when I can at least eat a little solid food. My friend stopped by with some turkey for the cat, which I vicariously enjoyed.

Sorry about that Eddie…..yah, I can’t eat like that very often, in fact i’m kindly surprised I cleared my plate!

sitting here like the proverbial stuffed tick! o_O

In the last year, I have only eaten at a restaurant once. I had stuff way off my diet (no sweets or starches though) like calamari appetizer. I had a cocktail too. I didn't really eat that much but I was stuffed to the gills and gassy. Let's just say I could have propelled my way home on a skateboard. I was fine the next day though.

Garbanzo beans, spinach, egg whites. That's all I eat six days a week. Compared to Ensure it's a feast.

They don't do that to me. I eat them every day with hot chili garlic sauce and spinach. I don't eat that much though and I eat the same stuff every day. When you don't eat that much, you don't poop that much.

Calamari, chicken breasts, and some kind of salad on the other hand made for a nuclear morning. I could have used seat belts. But as soon as I took care of business I was back to normal. I thought I'd be sick after eating such rich food but I was fine.

Since we're talking about restaurant food... My daughter and I both live in the same city most of the time, and when we are both here we try to get together for lunch/brunch every weekend (either Saturday or Sunday). Naturally I am pleased that she wants to do this and it brings me great joy. Also naturally, I pick up the tab. We have been trying a lot of different places, from delis to diners to casse-croutes (snack bars). There are some restaurants here that are only open mornings and early afternoons and specialize in brunch. On a recent weekend she had a friend visiting so the 3 of us went to one such place. They put on quite a spread. In the attached picture on the left was the friend's meal, what they call the Gros Jambon, which was two poached eggs with bacon, pulled ham, baked beans, smashed potatoes, cretons, and toast, and to which she added a pork, duck, and orange sausage. In the middle is my daughter's meal, which was corn waffles with smoked salmon, tzatziki, cherry tomatoes, pickled onions, and poached eggs with some salad, and she added a side of potatoes. I had the croissant stuffed with pulled ham, scrambled eggs, and cheddar, with spinach bechamel and potatoes, and I had a scotch egg on the side. Definitely one of the better brunches we have had.
brunch.jpg
Sorry for the poor pic from her phone then texted to me. Oh, the girls also split a scone with mascarpone cream and jam, though most of that (and quite a bit else) went home.

Nezbleu that looks fantastic. I will have to try corn waffles.

Finally got the pepper sauce canned. 9ea 4oz (~115mL) jars. The orange is "just another Def-Con", the red is "The devil said it is spicy".

I am waitinig for some friends to try it and give their opinion. To me the orange is typical Habanero, the Ghost pepper has a great flavor but is hotter than I am comfortable with.

Attachments

• SmallPepperSauce.jpg
    SmallPepperSauce.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 38
The ‘ol insides just ain’t what they used to be! I’m ok with sitting on the porch reminiscent the days running with the big dawgs :cry:

My favorite shot at the bars was what i called the ‘flaming A-hole’ ……….a short pour of Jose Cuervo gold topped off with (ends up about 25%) tabasco. Just the thought of the mornings after is making me cringe :ROFLMAO: