The food thread

Lucky Supermarket grand opening today at 1pm.
Lucky Supermarket
We are not short of asian markets but I thought I'd go check it out.
1pm - no chance, parking lot over full, 100's lined-up outside waiting to enter the store.
Buddy and I went to the brew pub close by.
2pm - managed to park a block away and walk right in.
So full, the fire department would have shut them down. Line ups for the cashier were the full length of the store. Maybe 30 or more in each line up, clogging every aisle. Didn't buy anything. I hate lining up to spend my money.

The store? It was ok. Some good opening specials but the other markets around have similar or better prices. I will go again as we like to shop around for the deals but nothing to write home about this time. Too bad it took them forever to open.

Tonight: Pizza dogs
Get good buns from the baker and if you need decent wieners, ok, but the supermarket ones are fine for this.
The trick is to put most things in the sauce. Start with crushed tomatoes and seasoning and add from there. I like to broil or grill bell peppers, mushrooms and onions. Then add them and some black olives to the food processor, then transfer to the sauce. Cook until it thickens a bit. Add sauce to bun, add a couple slices of pizza pepperoni, toss in a wiener, some cheese and broil.

Hey if you're gonna eat hot dogs, they might as well be good. Here's the sauce.

Attachments

• IMG_1350.jpg
    IMG_1350.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 102
Amazing about pizza in the UK, door delivered or frozen from the super, is that the pizza tastes no different than the box

I mentioned the UK, as the bottom of a Dr O pizza to me has simularity to an oversized tea biscuit. Both in thickness, texture and flavour (sugary)

The Dr No ones here look identical to the ones on O.au
What's the amazement ?

Attachments

• STB.jpg
    STB.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 92