What are you drinking?

Here's a port sale (Shamrock Liquors MA), from the dates 1988-90 or so.

Attachments

• wine list.jpg
    wine list.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 81
Hi MarsBravo, did you check this link? Did the prices of your favorite wine coincide with the prices there?
is the information on this link credible?
Access to this page has been denied.

And yet TV's and many other electronics prices have plummeted over the last two decades.
How come liquor keeps going up? :bawling:
On televisions, yes, and they have become more beautiful and perfect. But this is a propaganda delivery vehicle. The prices of refrigerators are also quite acceptable, but they are not often bought. Regarding food and good alcohol, obviously this trend of rising prices will only increase in the future. By the way, good audio equipment is not getting cheaper either. Apparently alcohol and audio become a luxury segment.

Last edited:
Just had breakfast, coffee and apple juice...
Yesterday was red and white wine, beer, aquavit, cognac, and quite a lot of it.
Been a while.

Why do I always wake up so early the next day?
And how come we are always so thirsty when we wake up, in spite the amounts of liquids we had the day before ...:ill:

Last edited:
Why do I always wake up so early the next day?

When you have too much alcohol (when you go to bed drunk), you almost always wake up about 5 hours after going to sleep. Often wake sweating with your heart racing a bit. It's very common. Not sure biologically why. Possibly low blood sugar, maybe other things. Eat a snack, wait a half hour or so, then you can go back to sleep!

In order to avoid problems it's been said, "Wine after beer, never fear. Beer after wine, always decline."
We still say that vodka without beer is a waste of money. But personally, now I do not drink anything stronger than 17 degrees. And I never mix anything. The last vodka I tried 8 years ago while at a resort in Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt was SKYY vodka from the USA. It was not bad, so for me it was a good conclusion with strong drinks.
YouTube

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Hi MarsBravo, did you check this link? Did the prices of your favorite wine coincide with the prices there?
is the information on this link credible?
Access to this page has been denied.
It's a dutch trader, so same prices. Better drive on to France. I know some nice sideways.
Currently: Beaujolais, Moulin au Vent, L. Perrachon, Terres Roses, 2017, 100% Gamay.
On occassion (suits surprisingly often): armagnac, islay malts (thanks Scots!), good brandys.
Avoiding: rum, wodka, sugeralcoholics, artificials. My metabolism refuses.

It's a dutch trader, so same prices. Better drive on to France. I know some nice sideways.
Currently: Beaujolais, Moulin au Vent, L. Perrachon, Terres Roses, 2017, 100% Gamay.
Thanks for the tip, especially about Gamay.
Beaujolais of any manufacturer is good?
In our store it was like in the video. I did not have time to buy quickly ended. YouTube

Beer for breakfast, rum for lunch, afternoon nap, up for dinner and a movie. Off to bed. No problem missing sleep. Repeat as necessary. :)
This is probably a joke? And when will it be possible to drive?:p

Last edited:

Oh well. I don't speak Russian so I couldn't follow the video - though I was able to figure out the cyrillic, read signs and get us from downtown to the zoo on the subway, then out for lunch (and order things we could recognize) when we visited. Moscow in around 2008 or so was great fun. Especially since tourists from the USA who were not on a tour totaled about 7 in the city at the time.

Oh well. I don't speak Russian so I couldn't follow the video - though I was able to figure out the cyrillic, read signs and get us from downtown to the zoo on the subway, then out for lunch (and order things we could recognize) when we visited. Moscow in around 2008 or so was great fun. Especially since tourists from the USA who were not on a tour totaled about 7 in the city at the time.
YouTube in the settings there is a function for translating subtitles into English.

In order to avoid problems it's been said, "Wine after beer, never fear. Beer after wine, always decline."

Heard a similar line back in my old college days, but it was, "Beer before liquor, never been sicker. Liquor before beer, never fear." That was probably because the only "wine" really available in our area then was something labeled "Carolina Cardinal" at $0.75 a pint. Guaranteed to put the "oh" in "wino"! :p

Enjoying a nice seltzer water at the moment.

No jenevers ?

That's how William of Orange got control over the Brits -- gave them gin.

Our Museum has virtual parties with a cocktail recipe for members. Today's recipe was a Zhug 6 -- 1.5 oz Bulleit Rye, 0.5 oz Compari or Aperol, and 0.5 oz "Zhug Sauce" which is a concoction of water, honey, toasted cumin seeds, thyme and lime zest.

I think a Manhattan tastes the same and requires much less work. Then again, it's fun to see several hundred people on-line imbibing the same cocktail.