What are you drinking?

Does earthy taste be considered especially valuable? I don’t remember what wine and grape variety was from South Africa, but there definitely was a strong earthy taste of red African earth.

Earthy taste is something I like but it's not for everyone. I'm not sure I believe that there IS any one flavor that should be considered valuable. I particularly like layers of flavors (there's even a flavor in some Burgundies and occasional Bordeaux that to me smells and tastes a bit like old tires, but in a really good way!). I don't want too fruity (no "fruit bombs" for me) though some love them. Many zinfandels and shirazes can be too much fruit for me (though i do love some old-vine zinfandels from California). The key, to my mind, is knowing the kinds of flavors you like and finding the wines that taste that way. So did you like that South African wine? I suspect Scott is right by the way.

The information is very interesting to me, and it is interesting in that it is without marketing embellishments from magazines and stores there. I'll see what this South African wine is called if it is still in the store. No, for my taste I didn’t like it at all, it’s too strong an exotic taste for me. And the next day I was a little trouble. Which usually does not happen to me with other wines. When I was in Morocco, there was a beautiful 15% rosé wine, and I have never tasted one like that again. This wine was also unique in that it was produced by the Moroccan Electrotechnical Union as I was told. In other matters, I also went there to their resort precisely from the electrical industry of the USSR as a young guy for 21 years. By the way, Morocco is also a very red land. But their wine didn’t smell like that.

Sometimes "trouble" after wine has to do with the amount of sulfites in the wine. All wine has sulfites naturally, but some are added to help preserve the wine. Sulfites tend to cause headaches in many people.

Rose wines can be really nice, but for me it's usually context - like for rose, a really nice warm spring evening after a long winter. The mix of fruit and acidity and freshness can taste just right. But try that wine in the winter or fall, or even the heat of summer and it can taste wrong. At least for me. And there are some expensive wines that NEED to be drunk with certain kinds of food. In short, wine is a complicated thing. But the more you pay attention to what you like, the more you start to understand it.

At least for me. And there are some expensive wines that NEED to be drunk with certain kinds of food. In short, wine is a complicated thing. But the more you pay attention to what you like, the more you start to understand it.
I was there in early September. The food there was great. As I later learned from a black chef, he came to Morocco from Central Africa. He cooked fine French and African dishes. I also drew attention to the humorous inscription on the label. I really appreciate such things. Since the winery with humor is already a good winery. The Moroccan Electrotechnical Union indicated on the label of this wine a warning that there was 15 volts in the bottle.

Last edited:
This wine is still in the store. Wine with an earthy taste. Paardendal Shiraz - Cabernet Sauvignon Paardendal Shiraz - Cabernet Sauvignon | Wine Info.
Critic praises this Paardendal Chenin Blanc wine for 13.27 minutes and says the winery is good. Very good wine at a great price, and he bought it for himself. But I read on the back label that this company is from the Netherlands. Paardendal Chenin Blanc | Wine Info.
YouTube

Doesn't appear to be available in the US, but it sounds intriguing. Especially if the prices I'm seeing are accurate (about US$5-7). Now THAT could be a nice house wine! As for Chenin Blanc, I doubt I'd like it no matter what the critics say. I'm just not a chenin blanc fan. That's the funny thing about wine. And price is not a good indicator of value, especially with certain types like Bordeaux, Burgundy, California Cabernet, Barolo, Barbaresco, etc. On the other hand, there are some very nice cotes du rhone for under $10 (e.g. Ch Beauchene Cotes Du Rhone Rsv | Detail | Products). Very different from Bordeaux but VERY drinkable. Compare that to Chateaux Ausone 2016 from Bordeaux (Chateau Ausone St.emilion | Detail | Products - you can find it $200 or so cheaper).

EuroSpar are stores from the Netherlands. Thus, it is obvious that the company on the back label is designated as the Netherlands, although the price tag itself says it was made in South Africa. The expert also praises this French winery, the price is also very favorable, says that this is the name of a native of Russia who emigrated to France before the revolution. I also saw these wines today they cost about $ 5-5.5 Alexis Lichine Chevalier Merlot | Wine Info

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
I get an inclinch about to suspect the low counties current fruitfull involvements to dominate world's booze trade, I was not aware of presently. So, how we're doing sofar?
By the way, I've some extraordinary opportunaties in my celler, for the not faint-hearted only. Just dma pm... password is always 'tulip'.

A drop of this old stuff.Its a big red very tasty!

Attachments

• 20200530_172553.jpg
    20200530_172553.jpg
    839.9 KB · Views: 83
Doesn't appear to be available in the US, but it sounds intriguing. Especially if the prices I'm seeing are accurate (about US$5-7). Now THAT could be a nice house wine! As for Chenin Blanc, I doubt I'd like it no matter what the critics say. I'm just not a chenin blanc fan. That's the funny thing about wine. .
https://grapecollective.com/media/wysiwyg/Screen_Shot_2015-11-18_at_11.20.30_AM.png
It looks very nice and very round berries.
The prices are accurate if there is a store card, but I have one, then a very big discount.
I saw today this Paardendal Chenin Blanc wine in the store and decided to buy it next time, I want to find out what taste this critic and this variety have. Moreover, I most likely have never tried this variety. I hope he does not look like Chardonnay. Today I hesitated between Alexis Lichin Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 and Alexis Lichin Chevalier Merlot 2017 Alexis Lichine Chevalier Merlot | Wine Info and acquired Cabernet Sauvignon 2018. I I was confused by a plastic stopper, from which they usually come out very badly of bottles, but I learned how to open them; I need to return the corkscrew a bit to loosen the cork. I did not wait for dinner, and even with simple fresh bun and cheese it was divine. Alexis Lichine Cabernet Sauvignon | Wine Info
Very easy to drink. The obvious tones of blackcurrant, perhaps a little taste of black or gray earth, which I began to pay attention to after your words. Thank you.

Last edited: