What are you drinking?

YouTube in the settings there is a function for translating subtitles into English.

LOL! Thanks. I hadn't dug that deeply into the youtube settings. I was able to bring up the english subtitles (based on AI translation of the sounds of the words). It was, um, interesting to say the least. I only got a hint of the video, but it seemed like he was getting more and more drunk, repeating words and such. Really hard to tell with AI translations.

But I got a HUGE kick out of one line:

"the deepest cheese practice went the scale yourself how they like it smells" :D:Popworm::scratch2:

Misses something in the translation I'm sure. In any case, you made my evening!*

*Edit - well, you and Google translation made my evening!

LOL! Thanks. I hadn't dug that deeply into the youtube settings. I was able to bring up the english subtitles (based on AI translation of the sounds of the words). It was, um, interesting to say the least. I only got a hint of the video, but it seemed like he was getting more and more drunk, repeating words and such. Really hard to tell with AI translations.

But I got a HUGE kick out of one line:

"the deepest cheese practice went the scale yourself how they like it smells" :D:Popworm::scratch2:

Misses something in the translation I'm sure. In any case, you made my evening!*

*Edit - well, you and Google translation made my evening!
This is a blogger from Belarus, and, as I understand it, he is testing alcohol from different manufacturers on video. At first he laughed and was incredulous. But he liked the design of the bottle, but not the cork, which he found too simple. He was immediately surprised that she did not have an unpleasant pungent odor. In general, he continued to repeat that SKYY does not smell like vodka, and in the end he said that she still has a great aramate and not just a great taste. He also said that this vodka is better than absolute and Finnish. All the time he compared it with some premium Russian vodka from Saransk. What, in his opinion, is the best vodka in Russia and which I personally did not know about before.

This is a blogger from Belarus, and, as I understand it, he is testing alcohol from different manufacturers on video. At first he laughed and was incredulous. But he liked the design of the bottle, but not the cork, which he found too simple. He was immediately surprised that she did not have an unpleasant pungent odor. In general, he continued to repeat that SKYY does not smell like vodka, and in the end he said that she still has a great aramate and not just a great taste. He also said that this vodka is better than absolute and Finnish. All the time he compared it with some premium Russian vodka from Saransk. What, in his opinion, is the best vodka in Russia and which I personally did not know about before.

Thx, that's not too far off of what I thought. But man, those translations! Some of them are just plain weird!

Cheers!

And how come we are always so thirsty when we wake up, in spite the amounts of liquids we had the day before ...:ill:
Not a big mystery, water is my favourite beverage.
Can't remember the last time I had much of a hangover though, and this time was no different. Took a while to sober up 100%, but that's like the minimum you can get away with.

There is even wiser advice. To drink in moderation, and one thing.

Ofcourse, but I do that all the time, never get a buzz from that (usually 2 glasses of each kind is where I stop, very rare for me to drink more than 1 type per evening these days). Admittedly the beer was not exactly the "high point" of the experience. Hard to refuse free drinks... I only paid for the Aquavit.

When you have too much alcohol (when you go to bed drunk), you almost always wake up about 5 hours after going to sleep. Often wake sweating with your heart racing a bit. It's very common. Not sure biologically why. Possibly low blood sugar, maybe other things. Eat a snack, wait a half hour or so, then you can go back to sleep!

Hmmmm. Perhaps I'll try with a small piece of dark chocolate next time. Impossible for me to sleep anymore, went to bed at just over 12, woke up before 5. Went to work (got someone to pick me up, not driving under the influence) and completed all my planned projects while the rest of the contenders where paying some kind of price.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Thanks for the tip, especially about Gamay.
Beaujolais of any manufacturer is good?
Like the best whisk(e)y's were malts are from one still, I prefer with wine a single grape in the glass. Preferred Pinot Noir, Gamay, Muscat, Gewürzstraminer, and some more. Beaujolais make their grand cru's with 100% gamay, most Burgoundy with pinot noir (the reds, obvious), the best Loire (imo) are from pinot noir also. In white is mentioned muscat and gewürz' (pronounce in german) from the Alsace / Elzas. The germans and austrians are doing very well, pleasant, serious good quality and affordable: weiß-, grau- und spätburgunder (yes, the ...burgunder points to Burgoundy, so a variation of the pinot noir). Also found in the Alsace. A much fought over area in Europe in the past, for good reasons!

All worth to be members of the bucket list.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
No jenevers? I've been recently introduced to some nice ones (the Van Wees Zeer Oude Jenevers for example) and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.
Van Wees Very Old Gin (to transcribe for non-dutch speaking folk, I guess a minority). Last time a had one is over 25 years ago. My head seems to split like a cleft coconut, so decapitation is better then drinking jenever for me.

A cold one of these:

20200530-201016.jpg