What are you drinking?

Attachments

• Goldwasser.jpg
    Goldwasser.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Taman Cabernet Golden Dry
Wine of ruby ​​color. The aroma tones of black fruits and berries. The taste is full, velvety with a long finish.
Gastronomic combinations: venison and beef dishes, cheeses, pizza, meat pies, lasagna.
Great wine for a ridiculous $ 2.11 (although it's discounts on stocks in the store). Tastier than many European, Georgian and South African manufacturers at a price of $ 10.
Золото Тамани Каберне сухое
A very good winery on a narrow isthmus between the Sea of ​​Azov and the Black Sea.
Винные туры

Last edited:
Hurricanes for a starter.

Dinner consisting of a Ribeye steak cooked for 24 hrs in a sous vide at 135 and seared over coals, potatoes au gratin with heavy cream and sharp cheddar, broiled asparagus with garlic and olive oil, and fresh home made rolls.

Turning Leaf Chardonnay with the rib-eye.

We decided to get back together tomorrow night for desert since we both are stuffed and it would be a waste to bake a cake tonight.

VooDooRanger Imperial IPA to relax.

Last edited:
The Balvenie Doublewood 17 year old. And it is at least 22 years now, but scotch or whiskey in general does not really age in the bottle.

And a steak sous vide for 24 hours? That's way too long, it'll break up too much. 135 is a little high for my taste too but I could see that. I put a brisket in for 24 hours to turn it into pastrami, where you want the connective tissue to melt.

My favorite is Prime NY Strip, 131 for an hour sous vide, then 2 mins per side on the grill with a little butter, or on a hot pan. I had a dry aged Prime Porterhouse in my freezer (bought steak for 6 but then two didn't show) that I put sous vide at 131 for 2 hours straight from the freeze, and then finished on the grill. It was probably the best I've had, better than Peter Lugers here in Brooklyn. While I find frozen meats not to be as good as fresh, this method worked really well since it never had to defrost. This is making me hungry...

Last edited: