And what did we buy today?

AnalogJoe, I was probably in the process of asking you about the engraver when you answered GKTAUDIO, but thank you. And sorry, I have been rather busy with work and other stuff, thus the long silence. I must admit I didn't get a very top of the line Mitre saw, but adequate for the work I need to do. It's a Ryobi CSS-1800 (250 mm blade) price equivalent to $230 (5090 MXN)

Kevin

AnalogJoe, I was probably in the process of asking you about the engraver when you answered GKTAUDIO, but thank you. And sorry, I have been rather busy with work and other stuff, thus the long silence. I must admit I didn't get a very top of the line Mitre saw, but adequate for the work I need to do. It's a Ryobi CSS-1800 (250 mm blade) price equivalent to $230 (5090 MXN)

Kevin

Seems like a good price Kevin, thanks for the update!

I just nailed down an HP4194 impedance/gain-phase analyzer for a good price. This is pretty much the last piece of kit I need for the home lab, except perhaps for an HPIB-USB converter for porting the test data into a laptop.

I recommend the National Instruments GPIB interface, its not the cheapest one for sure, but I havent experienced any compatibility issues, the cheaper ones that emulate a serial port are a pain to setup.

61syL4e8pBL._AC_SX679_.jpg

A surge protector that turns off and stays off until you reset it.

Good for when the power flickers on and off.

Upon realizing I bought the wrong one I just ordered the correct one.

The one I put earlier is one I bought for my wife's electric piano,
so now I have another one that I can put on her sewing machine

This is the correct one

TRC 14650 006-6 Shockshield Portable GFCI Single Outlet Adapter

41if9a4qmhL._AC_.jpg

Last edited:
Just another compact spare from Pick n Pull. This one got a comment of "that's the biggest one I've ever seen" from the cashier. It's 5x120mm instead of 5x4.75", but should still fit the Vette.

Went to Costco near the junkyard. Found my new go to spot. They've got a big guy at the door insisting people put on masks before they enter, per municipal bylaw. Awesome!

Look in the trash... Anything old enough to have been running XP is there.
I found an i5 with Windows 8.1 in the trash 5 years ago!
My 8 year old laptop (i3, 4GB RAM, touchscreen) came with Windows 8, upgraded to Windows 10, slower than my phone (Note 10+, 12GB RAM) so anything that came with XP is basically unusable to me. Maybe I'm just spoiled though... I'm running a Ryzen 9 with 32GB of RAM these days :)