And what did we buy today?

DSC03177.JPG

They play! Unsure "why"... Cal would know.

Reactions: 1 user
Turns out, making holes in 304 is a lot more annoying than it looks.
Did the bad thing happen when the cutter was beginning to exit the panel?
Have to usually stop just short with those types of metals, and either knock it out the rest of the way or something. The stainless, and inconel alloys tend to work harden also.

If the saw isn’t completely broken, it will still perform without all of the cutters…

I prefer Greenlee punches for holes in thinner panels.

Today we got a fancy coffee maker to replacing the old one that had been limping along for the last 5 years or so.

Attachments

• 3DD43416-03E5-49DB-B5C2-31BDEAEB0276.jpeg
    3DD43416-03E5-49DB-B5C2-31BDEAEB0276.jpeg
    447 KB · Views: 63

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
A Harris 19800-hd9, US-brand (China-made), butt-set, 1990s vintage, with cloth-wrap leads and bed-o-nails clips, for $10.

Except for being red instead of YELLOW, seems identical to the Fluke Networks 19800003 TS19.

When you are on a mile of decaying 1980s POTS, this answers the telco support person's "Have you checked outside the house?", and adds a touch of cred when the tech arrives.
buttset----42.jpg

Last edited:
A Harris 19800-hd9, US-brand (China-made), butt-set, 1990s vintage, with cloth-wrap leads and bed-o-nails clips, for $10.

Except for being red instead of YELLOW, seems identical to the Fluke Networks 19800003 TS19.

When you are on a mile of decaying 1980s POTS, this answers the telco support person's "Have you checked outside the house?", and adds a touch of cred when the tech arrives.
View attachment 1097880
Wow, $10 is a score, I've been looking for one of those to use as a phone for the basement office, but can't find one cheap. Don't have POTS though, went to VOIP long time ago.

White acrylic slipmat looked really mediocre on my wood veneer TT so... White cork it is!
I have a few translucent LPs which came in beautiful gatefolds with original artwork (I have learned I really like the art and the pretty colors) so I'm hoping this makes those pop!

1665453957013.png

Super excited to see what the Silent Voice blue LP looks like on it. It is a stunning disc.
1665454128077.png

(I guess that edition is purchase #2 and cost entirely too much.)

Copper tube (4 mm) for a proper straight audio ground wire, mounted by soldering the tube to small pieces of PCB. The PCB pieces are glued to the chassis. The audio ground is connected to power ground with a power resistor.

Regards, Gerrit

Attachments

• BE479C26-AF45-498D-9ADB-1A3B2437259F.jpeg
    BE479C26-AF45-498D-9ADB-1A3B2437259F.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 67
Forward pic is a 2003 unisaw (this is the recent purchase)
Back pic is 1979 unisaw

Only a few differences, the older model is heavier metal and a Baldwin motor
Newer model is has a Delta Weg motor and less one extension on the right side.

*The original design from 1934 - How many are out there, millions?

new saw.png

Forward pic is a 2003 unisaw (this is the recent purchase)
Back pic is 1979 unisaw

Only a few differences, the older model is heavier metal and a Baldwin motor
Newer model is has a Delta Weg motor and less one extension on the right side.

*The original design from 1934 - How many are out there, millions?
You are a really good steward of your tools! A clean shop is a safe shop. I love it.

Yes on a clean shop, especially around the table saw.
They are both right-kick-saws, which I preferer after all these years.
The fence is 23" to the left, anything longer I use a sled for the miter cuts -- I add a few window weights to keep the panel down tight to the top.
Not a bad idea for a left kick saw either.

Picked this up at a yard sale for $5.

DSC03211.JPG

It's one of those "block rockers" with mic / line in, BT and AM/FM radio. Power is through AC IEC connector, or an internal 12V 7AH SLA battery. Older model, but hopefully salvageable; battery is on the rejuvenation circuit as it fully charges according to my charger, but for sure doesnt have the ampacity of the label.

It's got a TPA3112D1 inside, that I gleaned from being able to download the service manual for it. Seems to be competently designed, but as if the edict was given "use as many coupling capacitors as you possibly can in the audio path". All OpAmps 4558 and they used one quad to generate Vdd/2 "BIAS" with 1000uF at the output, leaving 3 amps to sit unconnected.

Untitled.jpg

Interesting the bandpass filter they put after the Master Volume. Why didnt they just connect the bottom of the two level controls to "BIAS" and eliminate 4 caps? Crosstalk? Buffer "BIAS" with a couple of the uncomitted OpAmps. Anyway, I've always been fascinated by why circuit designers do things they way they do and this "piece" is no exception. Diagonal Cutter Jonny's fingers are itchin'... It's worth nothing on the used market.