And what did we buy today?

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Like these:

The AEG are made in 1956 and packed for tropical storage. Packed in wool, then in carton box, packed in a second carton box and that carton box dipped in hard wax (now removed).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
A 14x60 mobile home. Well, put the $5k deposit to get it on order, due out at the end of September. It’s going to be temporary home while the new Barndo is being built.
Which I closed on today. It’s on the seller’s lot and set to be delivered to mine on the 27th.

And I signed the building contract today. Now that was a lot of money.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a 1977 or so Toshiba SB820 amplifier. In incredible clean and pristine condition, for 50 euro at a thrift shop. It does NOT turn on. But, even if it has to be repaired, I think it’s worth it.

Attachments

• EDDC042B-2F22-4F32-9C71-1ABD38236842.jpeg
    EDDC042B-2F22-4F32-9C71-1ABD38236842.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 567F573D-F4A8-4B95-B4FA-EBA54F975EE3.jpeg
    567F573D-F4A8-4B95-B4FA-EBA54F975EE3.jpeg
    285.6 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: 1 user
A DMM works just as good. I once bought a NOS "digilog" DMM for that but it still is new in box for over 20 years :)

That having said...I still like analog instruments better over displays but only true NOS/NIB instruments so very sturdy aircraft meters and such.
I still have a pair of Honeywell meter movements that I bougt new at a radio club swap meet in 1966. No idea when or if I'll ever use them. :)

1663987213777.png

I bought a Shure WH20 headset dynamic microphone of ebay for $25, shipped. It didnt have the XLR connector I need, but I figured I could handle the Shield = pin 1, Black = pin 2, Red = pin 3 rewiring to an on-hand connector. It works; Positive feedback left!

Picked up a MTX TD75.4 car amp for $10 at a yard sale today, apparently new in the bag. Hopefully the sale of which takes a chunk out of the other stuff I've bought this year. I could give it to my twenty-something son, but that would be like buying him a carton of cigarettes IMHO; he doesnt need 300W RMS in a truck cab...

Another yard sale gave me an HP12C (was so hoping it was an 11C when I saw it...) with a nice thick leather belt holder - probably worth more than the calculator. Picked a Mitsubishi DP-6 DD TT for $10 in only fair shape, a new-in-box Bose Solo powered speaker system I shouldnt have paid $40 for last week...

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Bought this Bluetooth adapter for my Sennnheiser cans. It plugs into the cable connection and just hangs there happily playing along.

065974B1-241A-47ED-8F10-3032E62E7240.jpeg

Works well enough, range and battery life are good. This allows me to sit out on the balcony and stream from my computer in the living room. I’m enjoying it

Reactions: 1 users
Bought a LINE 6 Spider IV 15 for $20 at Goodwill. Whoever owned it hadnt even peeled the display label off the grille cloth. Being an all digital device, I at first thought it was defective. Seems whenever you turn it on, all the controls come up to some factory preset values; you have to go across all of them "wiggling" their set position to get the amp back to your settings.

I guess I've never seen anything with knob controls behave like that! Ex; if you have the reverb control turned down to "off", reverb comes back on with the next power cycle. Must save a "power loss" signal and few lines of code to store the panel settings...it must have NV ram, as of course, its original programming code is stored. Or, its easy to think about such a feature, really hard to actually put it into the system...

Last edited: