And what did we buy today?

My new Yamaha SLG 130 I suspect eats 9V batteries for lunch (especially when the on-board reverb is used), so I purchased a set of 4 https://www.ebay.com/itm/275206338185 rechargeable Lith-ion 9V.

The way these work is they have a switcher inside that kicks the voltage up to 9 - Doh! I've heard they have emi issues that can effect audio applications - like my guitar, stomp boxes, etc. Some have said a treatment for this is needed, such as a ferrite core in one of the connector leads. We shall see. If they dont work out and cant be "fixed", I got a couple of AC powered fire alarms that annoyingly use a 9V too, a DMM - I'm sure they'll all get used in something.

Huh, I didn:t even know these things existed. Sounds like another innovative idea, hobbled by a bare-bones implementation.

Not to be a Debbie Downer (again), but your local fire/insurance nerds might have an issue with rechargeable batteries in those fire/smoke thingies.

Actually bought this H-K Citation V yesterday. It’s going to need some TLC.
If anyone’s familiar with these, could use some help. I think this one has been poorly modded.. :)

Attachments

• 8130849A-1DE0-4A47-AE2D-FE28195C17F6.jpeg
    8130849A-1DE0-4A47-AE2D-FE28195C17F6.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: 1 user
Those lithium ion batteries all only make 8V charged - even though it says 9V on the packaging. Otherwise they work in the guitar and a higher drain "record / playback" style stomp box...with the check battery light on. No noise issues on the signal that I can hear. Fluke 87 on AC shows a millivolt or so across the connector, powering the stomp box.

Reactions: 1 user
how hard would it be to design the damn thing to output the correct voltage?
My "9V" Lithium batteries measure 9.45V
I of course read the Amazon reviews and by far the majority of folks were happy with this brand's product. Others there said the voltage measures fine, but there was a mention of 8V out. I'll send them a note about it and mention my customer feedback; maybe they sell their known bad batches on ebay - I bought direct from the manufacturer's US stock.

You could give these a try:
Thanks for the sug, but I need rechargeable. They offered a 10% discount for my complaint, which I accepted. Now to see if that ever goes through...

As much as Jim thinks it bizarre they cant hit "9" versus some other number with a boost circuit, I think it bizarre someone would sell not-rechargeable Li-Ion batteries. The start of a bad trend, if you ask me. Next thing you know, when your laptop battery runs out, you throw it away and buy new. Wouldnt they (who dont give a flyin F about the earth, environment or any of it but making money) just love that.

I just got 20 pieces of 15000 uF, 63V snap-in elcap from Apex Jr. The caps I got from Jameco are suspiciously small for their purported value (15000 uF) and voltage rating (50V). They are marked as NIC caps, but the type number is missing - I think they may be fakes that may have the wrong value, and more importantly, voltage rating. Apex Jr's caps have a size more in line with the value and voltage rating.

Nice work phase, here‘s my ‘patio’ :ROFLMAO:
I like it:)

I bought a 100’ length of 4” drain tubing today for new drains. It seems that it is accepted practice to route all of the downspouts into an area behind the house, 6” from the foundation, and directly under the patio location in our case. It definitely explains why the area had been so soggy.

New ditches are in work, about 60’ completed today, ibuprofen regimen to follow…

Attachments

• 45BD4D60-468C-4B11-9202-91A7807DBBB6.jpeg
    45BD4D60-468C-4B11-9202-91A7807DBBB6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63