$325 Lab 12 based PA tapped horn ~ 35Hz extension

Yes I own 6 of thoes amps that we have been looking to putting them to good use. The place had limited power as in 1 15 amp plug so I was pressing my luck using 2 of the yamaha's. The next gig we get proper AC and I will be hooking 2 of the PAL12 to a qsc 4.0 and we will use them as a drum sub. I will be reporting back as to how it works out. So far this design is great and has done everything I have been looking for in a small box.

Just got back from our 4th of July festival, we used the 2 of the PAL12 for drum sub, we put one of our floor mon's on top facing a 16" riser every drummer was smiling

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 1,176
Has anyone tried to mount 4 casters on the back piece instead of 2 on the 45-degree corner?

Will build a pair soon :)

Thanks
Back mounted casters rattle and would use up an additional 3 cubic feet of cargo space, as well as double caster cost.

Back mounted would require a narrow caster footprint, unstable if they rotate towards each other, the cabinet could tip over on uneven terrain.

If you don't like the tilt back approach, better to make a caster board for the pair, and put the pair on their sides.
That would also require interlocking strips or feet, which are always a good idea for subs.

Personally I prefer a good two wheel dolly for hauling around little cabinets like this, big pneumatic tires don't get caught on bumps and rocks and go up ramps easier than casters.

Art

^ I agree.

Nice thing about these cabinets is how light they are for two people. Flights of stairs are no problem when carrying them. So when the casters won't do their job (although I'm sure you could use them to go down stairs yourself) just have someone lend a hand with carrying.

Been working on this as a transport solution for the subs. All said and done, hitch, trailer, 1 sheet of Baltic birch bolts etc I'd say I have about $500 into it.

And I can now build two more, woohoo! Have a ton of other stuff on my plate now, but I will build two more PAL12's in the near future.

cv6h.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

e7md.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And I can now build two more, woohoo! Have a ton of other stuff on my plate now, but I will build two more PAL12's in the near future.
Nice work on the trailer, under carriage looks almost the same as the old trailer kit I used for the small system.

Looks like you can fit four PAL12 face down, save some loading/ unloading.
Trailers, gotta have 'em!

Attachments

• Trailers R Fun.png
    Trailers R Fun.png
    835.9 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:
Thanks!
Yup I designed it to do four face down (38 wide. 30" tall and 60" front to back)
Or stack the two the way I have them now.

Trailer bed was enlarged with the wood to 60" front to back and 38" wide

What do you guys do about traveling when there is a chance of rain? Just put a sealed layering of masking tape to keep moisture out of the terminals and throat of the horn?

The trailer is a cheap 48" x 40" from harbor freight with the larger wheels. Still says 55mph Max. But I think that's all my little CT200hybrid can handle with all the gear lol

Came back from a wedding gig last night with my 2 freshly finished subs. Gig went great. Subs are more musical than my BFM Titan 39 I made. I had them HP around 33hz on my DRPA+ and had plenty of low end all night. I like how I didn't how to corner load them to get good bass.

All smiles from me. Hope to build 2 more in the future for larger events.

Still need to put duratex on them though