Hornresp

It also has effects on ALL aspects of performance over the entire frequency range of operation.

Just to clarify - after much discussion with 'just a guy' it was decided not to include the lossy inductance model when calculating the electrical impedance results, because the change it produced when included, was not being seen in the actual measurements of "Lossy Le" type drivers. Therefore in Hornresp, the electrical impedance results are the same with or without the Lossy Le option selected.

Just to clarify - after much discussion with 'just a guy' it was decided not to include the lossy inductance model when calculating the electrical impedance results, because the change it produced when included, was not being seen in the actual measurements of "Lossy Le" type drivers. Therefore in Hornresp, the electrical impedance results are the same with or without the Lossy Le option selected.

That's my bad...
I thought the discussion was about simulating using the measured inductive / electrical parameters. My comment was with respect to how drivers really behave not necessarily just within HR itself. If using the measured parameters the HR sim does match VERY closely to the real deal. :nod:

The generic Le model is useful but very limited in a lot of ways since it is an approximation and does not modify the impedance curve and other related behaviors.

Hi Florent,

Model the front loaded horn with rear vented chamber as a compound horn. Filling material can then be added to the chamber (segment 1) and/or port tube (segment 3) as shown in the attachment. The horn itself will be limited to a single Con, Exp or Par flare.

Kind regards,

David

It works perfectly to reduce the output from the port !!
Thank you :)

I need to learn how to better use the damping fill feature

6adNhfe.jpg

Oh, wow!
So much stuff happening! You implement functions faster than people can get around to try them!

Will have to sit down and re-familiarize myself with Hornresp.
... Better add that to my calendar, busy schedule...

Edit:
Just one small thing David.
The new functions make it more cumbersome to enter data. Before, pressing enter after entering the numbers brought you to the next field. It still does that, but now, the other s2/s3/s4 fields also have to be changed. So there's a whole lot of to and from the mouse clicking the various fields, vs *numbers* *enter* *numbers* *enter* *numbers* *enter*.
I do not mind the new functions, they are great! But could you change it so I can still enter the numbers without moving my hands all the time?

Last edited:
Oh, wow!
So much stuff happening! You implement functions faster than people can get around to try them!

I do not mind the new functions, they are great! But could you change it so I can still enter the numbers without moving my hands all the time?

I resemble this remark. :( I'm just now trying out the ME Wizard.

And I thought I was the only one that felt this way.

GM

I may never catch up on all of David's additions. But I sure appreciate them.

My two cents on the lossy driver concept is that I don't use it. Nothing to do with Anthony (justaguy) it's simply that when I don't see a united qualitative effect in all the parameters I just cannot depend on the results. This has nothing to do with the clearly perceived effects that are real as discussed by Anthony. I keep looking for papers that tackle this question. But so far nobody has cracked this nut as far as I know.

Hornresp Update 4910-190219

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE 1

The Loudspeaker Wizard now works with stepped segments. The final segment at the horn mouth end can have a conical, exponential or parabolic profile. Other segments will be cylindrical regardless of their specified flare rates. The value of the mouth area slider can be set independently using the Manual option, or automatically if a cylindrical final segment is required. Absorbent filling material can be added to stepped segments. Attachment 1 refers.

CHANGE 2

A 'closed box loudspeaker with offset driver' option has been added to the Input Wizard. Absorbent filling material can be added using the Loudspeaker Wizard. Attachments 2 and 3 refer.

CHANGE 3

The stepped segments tab sequence on the main input parameters window has been changed to enable throat-end cross-sectional area input boxes to be accessed more directly when the Tab or Enter keys are used to navigate between input boxes. This refinement was requested by KaffiMann in Post #9188.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 199
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 201
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 198
I've published a guide on how to build transmission lines with hornresp.

I wanted to focus on that feature exclusively, because there's been a lot of YouTube videos showing how to build a tline incorrectly. And whenever I suggest using hornresp, people are wary of learning it. So I figured I could do a guide which focuses on JUST the tline functionality, and nothing else. Basically the bare minimum needed to learn to build a tline with Hornresp:

An Improved Transmission Line Alignment.

The issue is still present

I don't understand. The tab sequence has been changed for stepped segments as shown in Attachment 2. What issue is still present?

I've been silently hoping for that.

There was nothing to prevent you from specifying a closed box with an offset driver before the latest release. It's just that the enclosure type has now been included as an option in the Input Wizard.

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 86