100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Any good simple CRC PSU gerber files available for Apex amps like FH9HV or AX14? I want to build the PSU in relatively small format and its class AB so do not need huge amount of capacitance and above all I want to build a dual psu hence the form factor being small. I already have Prasi's CRC psu which I have preserved for class A amps ;)

Thanks

My AX11 is playing.
44250 thanks for the guidance, I inverted BC517 and installed with the flat part on the heatsink, strange that the layout is with MPSA13 and its flat part on the heatsink. Anyway I must not have observed any information. With 330pf I found a lack of treble, I put 100pf at the entrance, highlighted it a little. What can be done to make the sound a little more "open", to emphasize the highs?
I also replaced the 220r resistor with 180r, so the amplifier worked cooler.
Overall the sound was good, I liked the result.
Follow the result link.

YouTube

Attachments

• 2 AX11 MÁSCARA 2SC5200 DO APEX.jpg
    2 AX11 MÁSCARA 2SC5200 DO APEX.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 733
My AX11 is playing.
44250 thanks for the guidance, I inverted BC517 and installed with the flat part on the heatsink, strange that the layout is with MPSA13 and its flat part on the heatsink. Anyway I must not have observed any information. With 330pf I found a lack of treble, I put 100pf at the entrance, highlighted it a little. What can be done to make the sound a little more "open", to emphasize the highs?
I also replaced the 220r resistor with 180r, so the amplifier worked cooler.
Overall the sound was good, I liked the result.
Follow the result link.

YouTube

glad if I could help...

APEX FX-8 BIMO MOD

Meanwhile I am well on the way to building Apex FX-8 Bimo Mod amp. see attached pic from yesterday.
Today I fitted output transistors (2SK and 2SJ) and tested for bias and offset.
All ok...

I am also building a case with upc1237 protect , CRC PSU and VU meter and ESP P88 preamp with volume control. All the pcbs are designed by me.:)

Because of the lock down in India, I am finally able to complete some of the long pending projects.

PCBs for the Bimo amp are kindly donated by Ivanlukic... Thanks Evan...

regards
prasi

Attachments

• IMG-20200407-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20200407-WA0001.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 938
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Here is a blast form the past. This was my FX8 Bimo Mod by Prasi that I built maybe 5 years ago. Wow, time flies. I set it up on a plank (as usual for verification builds) and ran as Class AB, although bias is pretty high so it runs quite warm. A few years went by, and I later installed it in a DIYA 4U Dissipante case and ran it at +/-24v and 1.25A bias current in full Class A. It worked well and sounded great. It is a lateral FET amp, so pushing bias into Class A is fine without fear of thermal runaway. Very nice layout by Prasi - awesome amp. Highly recommended.

Here was test on a plank with small temporary heastink in Class AB:
attachment.php

Tiny amp board on large heatsink, but it used it fully as temp was about 47C:
attachment.php

Very quiet amp with PSU based on Pass F6 PSU, I got 0.0mV rms at the amp output:
attachment.php

Attachments

• FX8-Bimo-Class-A-4U-Setup-PSU.jpg
    FX8-Bimo-Class-A-4U-Setup-PSU.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 1,582
  • FX8-Bimo-Class-A-4U-Setup.jpg
    FX8-Bimo-Class-A-4U-Setup.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 1,612
  • FX8-Bimo-Class-AB-Test-Closeup.jpg
    FX8-Bimo-Class-AB-Test-Closeup.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 3,264
Last edited:
Thanks Prasi, that cute CRC psu looks cool. Anyway to get boards for this PSU :)

Chinese boardhouses are accepting orders but shipping is on hold for India.
Indian ones are all closed..:eek:
here are gerbers and sch... you could use a small aluminium plate as heatsink ( shown as hatched lines ) for the rectifiers (insulate rectifiers if using such single heatsink).

Attachments

• COMPACT CRC PSU.png
    COMPACT CRC PSU.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 510
  • COMPACT CRC PSU SCH.png
    COMPACT CRC PSU SCH.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 554
  • COMPACT CRC-PSU-ANALOG DESIGN_2020-04-07.zip
    321.1 KB · Views: 311