Salas SSLV1.3 UltraBiB shunt regulator

Useful to have boards to build when you need to take your mind off things.
Thanks Salas and Tea-Bag for these great projects!

L-Adapter up and running (a music server), UltraBiB in progress.

Attachments

• UBiB-_WIP.jpg
    UBiB-_WIP.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 396
Confirmed all semiconductors are in the correct place and I re-flowed Q2, Q3 and C2. Still no change.

M2 measures 3.58v (between two outside pins)

Q2 and Q3 measure .625v (middle and right pin when facing the flat "face")

After rechecking all semis are the right ones at the right places see if Q2 Q3 actually give 0.61V Vbe and M2 few volts Vgs. Also retouch Q2 Q3 C2 joints.

Correct, vout doesn't change. I'm using a 50va 2x15v toroid. I get 15vout on the other secondary with a different power supply. My target vout for the ultrabib is 15v and 200mA CCA. Right now I have a 3ohm resistor at r1. The 4.91v is unloaded, when I use a 20ohm resistor I have as a load, this drops about 1v to 3.9v.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Antonio hi

If flipping the bridge diodes & LEDS and the capacitors when replacing with opposite type BJTs and MOSFETs while the particular JFETs are supposed to be electrically symmetrical, its theoretically possible to succeed although I haven't tried it.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I see the +/- boards are electrically seperate. I have 2 18v toroids from when I built DCG3 with DCSTB. I purchased these wrong for thr DCSTB.....these trafo have just 1 output(2 wires). So would these 2 trafo be ok to power Ubib.....seperate trafo for each rail....aiming for 15v so maybe a little 'hot' secondaries?