Dedicated PSU for DEQ/DCX2496

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Very interested in buying one

gypsielectro said:
and the transformer, when these become available

El Gypsy

I ordered the proto last week. Need to wait 2/3 weeks.

If all is fine, I'll order quantity to sale a "bundle" PCB+transformer sometime in july. I'll do a "group buy" to have an idea of the quantity to order.

But first, I should solder and test the prototype...

The prototype is working. No error except some silk mask errors. I can't test it inside the DEQ as I don't have the right transformer yet.

alim_monte.jpg

Looks great stef! The SM parts on the small board have me scared though. *shudders* Please say you are going to offer these as kits when you get yours worked out. Count me in.

Anyone know if the SRC supply is the same? I'm guessing it must be, why would they spec another P/S? ...but I'm guessing. ;)

Hi Folks!

I finally received the custom made transformer just before leaving for my summer vacations this week-end.

The system works but a little too hot at first. I've to modify the circuit to have something cooler. The digital rectifier bridge was too small. I replaced it with an in line 4A bridge. The 3.3v regulator is now connected after the 5v regulator. The 3.3v regulator was too hot. Heat sinks are a little too small but I have no space to use larger one's. The box will need to have vent holes.

alim_en-chauffe.jpg

Currents are equal to the original PSU. I'll try to optimize more when I will be back. I've started to move some components on the PSU to have a better cooling.

Attachments

• deq2496-psu-diy-1.9.pdf
    43.3 KB · Views: 246
Ryssen said:

Doesn´t the 5v reg get even hotter then?Even if fitting bigger sink the heat have to go somewhere..(went holes..)
Nice trafo.

In fact, I went back to the original right now. The 3.3v still produce heat unless placed after the 5v. I also replaced the bridge with 4 Schottky. I removed the LM3xx heat sink. No need. Later, my plan is to try with an LM3940 for 3.3v, remove the 3.3v heat sink and move the caps too close from the sink (big error from me on this).

After 1 hour, box closed: 65°C for dissipators. 41°C inside the box. Not too bad. My DEQ have some small holes at the top rear. The transformer seems ok. This is a good. Very good quality.

temp.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.