Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

I must make a compliment to ZenMod here!
after disassembling and reassembling my M25 I got sloppy and confused some wires
(+ & -) after rectification capacitor-board input on left channel.
thinking all was fine i switched the brat on and left it (and the room) for some 20minutes -
coming back into some smelly ...
fearing the worst i flipped the switch off.
after the smoke vanished i saw a charred 7805.
did put a new one in and after eliminating my mistake flipped the switch again.
everything works within its prescribed parameters.
even the fleashit SMD resistors (or caps?) survived the misuse.
all hail to ZenMod!
A.

Attachments

• 7805.jpg
    7805.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Aah, Brötzmann! cool!
Them like Zorn, Frith etc.
Like them a lot but can't listen to very often.
You know naked city or painkiller I am convinced?

I didn't imagine seeing these artists on here! I took my wife to see Brötzmann once, and she will never let me forget it. It ranks as one of her worst concerts ever, if not #1 worst.

Zorn, on the other hand... We have seen several incarnations of Zorn / Masada. Due his sheer mass of releases, he may be the artist with the most CDs in my collection. Half of Masada book 1, half of book 2, all of book 3, birthday series, string trio, several live, a bootleg, painkiller, news for lulu, and more.

SissySIT content - the Zorn book 1 Masada series are my "go-to" in the genre, and they sound FANTASTIC on the SissySIT!

Joined 2017
Paid Member
It ranks as one of her worst concerts ever, if not #1 worst.

Zorn, on the other hand...
SissySIT content - the Zorn book 1 Masada series are my "go-to" in the genre, and they sound FANTASTIC on the SissySIT!

I was at a naked city concert in the early 90ies, similar experience. I‘ll never forget the singer, drummer and frith. Literally took my breath.
My then-girlfriend though... didn‘t marry me [emoji26]
But I still listen them...

And who knows sissy might become my next major project? (Do you hear me, mighty ZM? [emoji84])

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
SissySIT R2 pcbs Xformer wiring fix, graphical files

Boyz and Girlz

I made a major mistake with SissySIT R2 pcbs*** ( besides that one with short between two resistor pads) - resulting in fact that with (wrong) Edcor 600:15K there is normal expecting gain, while with (proper) Edcor 600:600, prescribed Jensen and prescribed Cinemag - there is gain of just 6db , instead of 12db

bummer was while I was mental juggling with two Edcors and Cinemag and Jensen , among several other things always incorporated in pcb optimization, I made a mistake and took Edcor 600:15K in option , even if his 600:600 cousin is intended for use

so , fix is easy, both channels - cut one tiny trace , solder tiny wire from point A to point B

will post graphical info about fix tomorrow, now going to deeeeeeeeeeepest corner of room, to be embarrassed for a while

****that one having 6-legged optocoupler and just soldering pads for SIT ( instead of proper footprint for P channel mosfet)

So recapitulation :

- if you have Edcor 600:15K, do nothing , you're good - you have 6V/V gain, which is 15.5db

- if you have Edcor 600:600, Jensen JT-123-FLPCH, Cinemag CMOQ-4LPC, Cinemag CMOQ-4HPC , you have 2V/V gain, 6db , so we need to make fix shown on pics

xacto knife and tiny wires are all you need, besides good will to pardone moi for culpa, maxima :rofl:

for both channels - cut on upper trace going from jumper pin to xformer pin, then solder tiny wire (either on top side or bottom side, suit your self) going from same jumper pin to different xformer pin

Voila! there is 4V/V gain, 12db

Attachments

• xformers error,where to cut.png
    xformers error,where to cut.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 537
  • xformers error,where to solder.png
    xformers error,where to solder.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:
So recapitulation :

- if you have Edcor 600:15K, do nothing , you're good - you have 6V/V gain, which is 15.5db

- if you have Edcor 600:600, Jensen JT-123-FLPCH, Cinemag CMOQ-4LPC, Cinemag CMOQ-4HPC , you have 2V/V gain, 6db , so we need to make fix shown on pics

xacto knife and tiny wires are all you need, besides good will to pardone moi for culpa, maxima :rofl:

for both channels - cut on upper trace going from jumper pin to xformer pin, then solder tiny wire (either on top side or bottom side, suit your self) going from same jumper pin to different xformer pin

Voila! there is 4V/V gain, 12db

Thanks Zen Mod!
Got my Sissy with Cinemags modified.
Levels look good!

I have another pair of SITs from pras... it was either that or sort out how to test the SITs I have from wantanabe—which is pushing my current skillz. ZM last recommendation was SITs were likely culprit. Looks like it all works out though since I may be able to use some SITs for Vfet iterations.... So, answer is no, not yet...but it's pretty high on the list (I've been doing regular ZM bowings though—tested out and re-loved all over his redodo of AJ ZEN.).... and will sort out the recent ZM updates/fixes while I'm at it....

Last edited: