Dual mono in my older M2 chassis, can switch easily between them

Attachments

• 4BA35E53-4497-4A21-AAB3-DC6B8C042BED.jpg
    4BA35E53-4497-4A21-AAB3-DC6B8C042BED.jpg
    984.4 KB · Views: 441
I'm flattered...
thank you all.
@ brianco, indeed have i thought about making a cover from glass or acryl
but thats undermining the idea of an open structure.
there is nothing hazardous or fragile to touch.
I'd consider most tubeamps more endangered to brute force
but most of'em show their precious bulbs freely.
so what? using a soft brush now and then will do it.
thanksanyway
cheers
A.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
She sings, very nice...
At the moment driven by the whammy or B1 nutube, Skipping the front end seems fine, will compare and run tests later on

View attachment 791803

FE is part of speciall flavor , no doubt

I know it depends of taste , but with nootoobe I believe there is too much of good thing

maybe it could be better driving Babelfish M25 , that one having much lower THD , even if spectra is the same

btw. - Fugly!

:)

Thx, indeed not my first amp, hopefully the last (although I am curious for Nelson’s new design to his month at Burning Amp)
The LXmini is a good reason to build amps... want to drive the subs with class D ... the others; I have still have to test and try my options; M2, s-sit, VFET2, tubelab TSE
The heat sink is overkill for only the diodes, but I underestimated the dissipation on them once...

@ asanden, nice and tidy build and not your first telling from the pic.
is the heatsink midamp only for rectifiers or do you hide some regulator?
btw: do you drive your LX-minis+ with M2 and/or sissysit? (low SPL?)
cheers!
A.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Glad you got your cinemags. I got mine too but noticed some gaps in the laminations.
I called David he said it was no big deal. Do your transformers have lamination gaps?
Still waiting for SissySIT boards judging by the Zen mod traffic and BAF travel it looks like 2020 will come before the boards

Some progress since my last update.

With lots of help from Song, we managed to get amp up. I managed to bias the right channel but did not have any luck with the left. No matter how I turn the IQ or DC offset, I can't bring these 2 parameters down.

Song suspects a broken 7805 or the opto. I run out of light to troubleshoot, will have to wait a bit as I am out of town starting tonight.

In the meanwhile, any thoughts what else might be broken? 20191106_211226.jpg