Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Aleph-X builder's thread.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th June 2020, 12:57 AM   #2751
Eric is offline Eric  United States
diyAudio Member

tomchaoda1: see my Aleph-X page in my signature. The original wiki is there in pdf format. My web page was forced to a new server about a year ago and I haven't had the time to get everything back up, but most of the content is still there.

grataku: It's been a long time - still enjoying those amps that you helped share with the world all of those years ago. I think Grey Rollins was one of the key contributors to the circuit design. He hasn't been around here in quite some time. I think he tired of the trolls at the time.
Old 7th June 2020, 01:03 AM   #2752
diyAudio Member

hmmm... The wiki link on my page is broken. Here is the document you are looking for.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aleph-X_Wiki.pdf (67.0 KB, 38 views)
Old 8th June 2020, 01:15 PM   #2753
grataku is offline grataku  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the pdf Eric! You did a fantastic job on your site putting together all the information about the amp. As important as the boards themselves for the idea to be kept alive. My job forced me to move on from DIYing I sold all my instrumentation when I relocated but I continue to listen to the music.
Old 8th June 2020, 02:10 PM   #2754
diyAudio Member

grataku: my web page was more useful before I had to move it. It still has a few broken links and some of the images in the later half still need to be replaced with larger, more detailed images.

tomchaoda1: for your "cold side" of the amp, I would suggest tweaking your bias pots a little while you have a meter on the source resistors for the mosfets. See what you are getting for bias. Fully biased up, you should be somewhere near the 0.4v range I think. Maybe one of your pots just corroded/oxidized a bit over time. Since the layout of the board is highly symmetric, it should be easy to compare voltages from one side of the amp to the other. Start with bias for the input differential, then bias on the output transistors. Then move on to other parts of the circuit. This should be pretty easy to track down, it will just be tedious.

Aleph-X builder's thread.Hide this!Advertise here!