AB100 Class AB Power Amplifier

thanks oscar,

will try swapping out r14 for a bigger one.

I just re read eveything as well, and realized that with the schematic it has 36db gain, my bad for some reason I thought that was supposed to give 20x gain, dunno where I got that from.

I will also up the power supply rails soon, was using about + & - 25DC, and gonna up to around 35
when the new transformer gets here,, juts had that one lying arounnd.

Thanks for the tips and help will report back soon

hi oscar,

again thanks for your help and tips,

ur right my r35 was not 220R but only 10R, as shown on the prasi board/schematic, I changed that for a 2.2k and unfortunately it did not change anything

However, I took ur earlier advice and swapped r3 from 100R to 1k and that reduced the gain nicely, almost perfect.

What exaclty is the purpose of r35? In the original NP schematic it was 2.2k but you oscar said it as 200R, and on the prasi schematic and boards its refered to as 10R optional?

Thanks for the help

In Prasi version 10R is like a ground divider. But in the original scheme the signal ground is taken from r35 / r8 - then gain = 36db.
if there is a combination 1K + 22K (gain 26) the effect of r35 is small on the gain factor. But in the Prasi version, nothing changes if you change 10R to 220R.

see post 111 ground point:

In the original scheme R35 = 220R (2210 = 221 and multiplier 0)

I add both input variants - in NP variant - it turns out that there is another resistor in the negative feedback - R35 (in my circuit r6)

Attachments

• NP.JPG
    NP.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 593
  • Prasi.JPG
    Prasi.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 595
Please post an update schematic compatible with Prasi's pcb:)

Here is revised sch for both 2 rail caps version and 4 rail caps version, the only change in both sch is the value of R3 which is now updated to 1k from earlier 100R.
Shown in bold for convenience.

This refers to the gerbers of following post no. 812

Thanks to Osscar for eagle eyes and analytical work!

Attachments

• AB-100 SCH-REV-PRASI-2 CAPS.png
    AB-100 SCH-REV-PRASI-2 CAPS.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 617
  • AB-100 SCH-REV-PRASI-4 CAPS.png
    AB-100 SCH-REV-PRASI-4 CAPS.png
    60 KB · Views: 611