Mezmerize DCB1 Building Thread

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Of course you can use them 8.3 on both sides. Sinking the MOSFETS is needed at this current level and it can also be the chassis floor (use insulation pads). Not really hot yet, each MOSFET runs at about 2W. The 3W resistors can hold on their own just put them a bit high on the board for air to can pass around them. About 0.5W will burn in each of them. Because the dissipation is constant they will feel a bit more than just warm nonetheless.

*Why I wrote use 9.6 on (+) and 8.3 on (-) section if you had both is because many times the negative (IRF9240) side tends to run a little lower CCS due to usually higher VGS reading in the NMOS batches. But its not an issue in DCB1, just feels prouder for nice readings.

+0.1mVdc tells you the higher Idss device is in the CCS location.
This takes the upper device (the Follower) into the region where Id is very slightly greater than Idss.

If the +ve offset were a bit higher I would advise swapping the two devices.
Since it is so close to zero volts, just leave it as is.

+0.1mVdc tells you the higher Idss device is in the CCS location.
This takes the upper device (the Follower) into the region where Id is very slightly greater than Idss.

If the +ve offset were a bit higher I would advise swapping the two devices.
Since it is so close to zero volts, just leave it as is.
What can I do??
My input is one and I don't connection Rotary Switch,have dependencies?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
1.5mV is not the end of the world bad, pretty passable. But you could try trading places of the audio JFETs in that channel as I said. For the 0.1mV other channel do not bother.
Switch or input number has not to do with it. Just don't measure the output offset when some active device is connected on input.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Don't populate any input relay and use input five with jumpers as the short red lines.

Attachments

• 2014-07-30_092559.png
    2014-07-30_092559.png
    15 KB · Views: 362