FirstWatt J2

thanks all,
so if i sum up :

for the Sk170:
sum of both k170 of R channel = sum of both K170 of L channel -> that is fine if no match Quad or Pairs in hands for R and for L channel !

For the Sj74:
matched pair for R channel , and mached pair for left channel -> is the way to go !

Cheers,

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You want to have the two halves of the differential pair reasonably matched.

By this I mean that the parallel + input pair and the parallel - input pair want to
have a summed Idss within about 1 mA of each other. It is by no means critical,
as we are not looking for DC offset precision, and that's adjustable in any case.

Within each pair, it's nice to have some degree of matching, but again not essential.

For a project like this, obsession with precise matching is an esthetic choice.

:cheers:

Joined 2004
Paid Member
@rothko, if you haven't caught on yet, it's almost guaranteed your Toshiba devices from Aliexpress are fake. Supply of genuine 2SJ109 and 2SJ74 Toshiba have dried up long ago unless you want to buy from known sources at about $10 USD for J74 or you can buy Linear Systems LSJ74 from the diyAudio store (or Linear systems).

If by some miracle you get your devices and they measure like real Toshiba jfets please let us all know and if they are fake please let us all know as well.

:cheers:

Awesome J2

Love this J2, running it out of the PC to Singxer and HoloSpring Kitsune to DIs and they are singing even built for 8R running around 6R probably dropping to 4R.

Near field 80db half volume from PC

It's the little amp that could...

Thanks Papa the best sound, I've heard to date!

Attachments

• 20200128_143833.jpg
    20200128_143833.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 713