F3 Builders Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
hehe, indeed ZM, meet you there soon.

F3 is something i'm doing slowly it has to come out right.

Dificult was to find the right heatsink so that it wasn't any bigger than necessary, there is another german brand that has the same thing.

The power jfets i got in the first GB here, got the dificult bits...

:)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
luis.martins said:

Hi CeeVee,

Indeed, we'll have two F3s in Lisbon, although I must warn you that it will probably take me the whole year to build it. At least... :)

Where are you sourcing parts from? Drop me an email if you'd like, my email is the forum's username on google mail.

Take care,
Luis

Don't worry Luis i'm in no hurry either...got my Orions to keep me happy while i'm making them:cool:

We all (ya'll) must be off building F3 things. I've been slowly working out what I think, I would like to try where. I've heard very little F.B. as to what would be good. Mostly only N.P. telling me the cheap way. And, I understand that. But, that is subjectively the less than ideal way... This is DIY damn-it :D
So, I've got some SilMic IIs for C4, C5, C6, C7 and some BiPolar BGs for C2 and C3. I've also got 4/ch 1000uF SilMic IIs to series paralell into a Bi-polar 1000uF output cap for C1 (upper mid or tweeter amp). And a Rel Audio Cap ppt theta 10u to bypass those...
Hmmm...
I'm about to order the 5W mils for R3, 4, 5, and R6, 7, and 8, can't forget R9 and I already have a 100ohm for R10.
I have Vishay metal foil tweak pots for P1 and P2 but they don't fit (for now at least) so I'm going for some cermet Vishay types...
I'll go with MK132s for R1 and 2 just because I can ;) And I have a silver mica that would work nicely for the C9 cap.
Most of the other Rs will be Holcos...
If I could only find some better semiconductors???
I suppose It's O.K. to discuss PSU stuff here too??? I haven't really thought much in that direction. I have a killer, clean, 47Volt supply with 7A+ continuos capability... wee'll see...
:smash: :smash: :smash:

testing output caps

After some 50 hours of burning in I did some testing on the new Rifa Evox 15000 uF in the output. Even compared with Black Gate's they are really OK. They really measure well (high frequency pulse trains and square waves).
And more importand, they really sound well! The specs pdf is too big ! :( Just look for Rifa Evox PEH200 (Farnell has them)