Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Fake ELNA LAO 10000uf/80V from E-Bay seller
Fake ELNA LAO 10000uf/80V from E-Bay seller
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th June 2015, 05:19 PM   #31
impuls60 is offline impuls60  Norway
diyAudio Member

I think its reasonable to say that they are fake at this point.. I wonder if they could handle the "rated" voltage hehe. Someone dare to test them out?
I bought mine thinking that they were probably fake but I just needed some cheapos for 21V duty and these fit the bill nicely. I use mine for a CLC filter and they work good enough for my application. Just to bad they are fooling people into thinking these are good for high voltage audio use. I wouldn't be around when one of them goes boom!
Old 15th June 2015, 10:41 PM   #32
JohanB is offline JohanB  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborbela View Post
The reality is that some seller advertise knowingly original capacitors (at least at picture) and they ship something different.
In my case that is what happened. Yes the seller knew what he is doing. He also asked me to get the refund not to leave negative feedback or write about the product originality.
I don't know if a group of people would complain at Ebay after Ebay will let them to sell those junk caps.
Just a thought..
Yes that's my experiance too. As you say, the sellers must know they are shipping other items than described. It's strange not so many people are complaining about this. According to E-Bays records, some have sold 100+ of these counterfeits and still have a good reputation.

Probably it is a couple of suppliers that put counterfeit sleves on some cheap no-name brands. These caps are good enough to pass as the real thing in the not-so-demanding audio (not very high constant ripple current in audio use to heat them up and blow out)

As I wrote in my earier posts in the beginning of this thread, when I measured my counterfeit caps, the leakage current was still very low at 80VDC +10% (and the capacitance was inside the 20% limits) so an immediate catastrofic failure was not to expect due to high voltage.
But the ESR (Equavilent Series Resistance) was higher and life expectancy (due to poor sealings and/or low grade materiels?) can not be estimated.

JohanB
Old 16th June 2015, 05:48 AM   #33
tonitonitoni is offline tonitonitoni  Croatia
diyAudio Member

so if someone wants to buy capacitors from ebay ,same must buy esr meter from ebay first. interesting...
Old 16th June 2015, 11:56 PM   #34
impuls60 is offline impuls60  Norway
diyAudio Member

hehe, that's actually what I did^^. Cost me 12usd for a cap kit tester
Old 17th June 2015, 12:22 AM   #35
nigelwright7557 is offline nigelwright7557  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have no sympathy for you buying off ebay.

Buy from RS or Farnell and you wont go far wrong.
Old 23rd June 2015, 06:47 AM   #36
ClassC is offline ClassC  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

I have consistently had quality parts from these HK/China/Taiwan suppliers (plus some others..)

electronics-salon - jims_audio - electricslee - coolbaby11 - audjade_chn

I have never had fake parts from any of these suppliers. But honestly I always instantly ignore any ebay thats offering parts at less than 50% of what would be normal pricing. Some of the pricing is so ridiculous that youd have stupid not to think for yourself that this cant be true???

Additionally I have never ever had any problems at all buying quality capacitors from the Slavic states. Consistently reliable quality and delivery...

there are good sellers out there but you gotta use your nut. If you act silly then youve only got yourself to blame for the mess you gotta cleanup.

I always do a tester with a new seller , buy a couple check em out..

Ive lived in China trust me "fake is normal" business in China and even for the locals you have to work hard to find real and reliable sellers always.. why should westerners be any different. Do your homework always.
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:37 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Uppdate from eBay Customer Support, on the counterfeit ELNA LAO 10000uF/80V capacitors from eBay seller "sharpseller2000"

"Good news. We issued you with a full refund of US $79.98 on Jul 01, 2015. The refund includes the purchase price plus original P&P and has been credited to your PayPal account. Please log in to PayPal and view the history page if you don't see it in your PayPal balance.

Decision:
This case has been decided in your favour.

Comments:
The seller agreed to issue you a refund, but unfortunately it looks like it was never sent. We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and have issued you a refund for this case."

Beware, there are still 5 identical ads on eBay from the same seller......

nigelwright7557 don't worry: I've already a good supply of Vishay & Chemi-cons from Farnell & Mouser, so I don't need your symphaty......
Maybe you're just spamming for your PC-program??

JohanB
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:40 PM   #38
ClassC is offline ClassC  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Good news.. excellent result. Great to hear/confirm that ebay can step up when needed.
Old 1st August 2015, 01:26 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Warning!! The seller "sharpseller2000" still has 4 ads on e-Bay for the same fake 10000uF/80V as shown in this thread.
Old 3rd August 2015, 03:28 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

You must now assume that all electrolytics, besides very few, on e-Bay are fakes.

For interest I asked about this NCC "Super-ellyt" 10000Uf 100V in a 35x51mm can from janeh2100 !!!

I asked how it could be possible:

I can not find this size for 10000uF/100V in the NCC KMH catalog.
How come you can have it?

and they answered:

hello,client
we only have 10000uF/100V KMH ,without NCC,hoipe you can understand and make sure before purchase.
best regards
Libby

This make me lose all confident in the Chinese e-Bay sellers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FakeNCC10000-100V.JPG (177.0 KB, 561 views)

Last edited by JohanB; 3rd August 2015 at 03:34 PM.

Fake ELNA LAO 10000uf/80V from E-Bay sellerHide this!Advertise here!