• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LT4320 based active rectifier

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Assembled the ideal bridge modules but not tested yet:rolleyes:

Fab

Attachments

• 71458A24-20A8-41EB-8C50-EDC417036D1D.jpg
    71458A24-20A8-41EB-8C50-EDC417036D1D.jpg
    953.9 KB · Views: 589
I have assembled a pair of THT modules using IPP029N06 MOSFETs. These will be installed in my M2x amplifier and tested over the next couple days.
There have been several posts about which MOSFETs to use. Choice depends on the secondary voltage of your power transformer, and how much current your amp will draw.

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks for kind words!
As you can see I have found a way to fit them into a standard psu pcb within the area planned for the normal diodes but active rectifier board installed vertically;)

Thanks Prasi for doing this pcb layout and handling this group buy like a champ!

Fab

Last edited:
I have had the 4320 rectifiers in my M2x (clone of First Watt M2) for a few days. They replaced a set of FEP30 diodes. Given an Antek AS-4218 as the power transformer and 1.31 Amps class A bias current, the rail voltage on the channel boards increased from +/- 22.4V to +/- 23.6V. Ripple on the supplies decreased enough to be less noticeable with the experimental input stages that I’ve been working with for a while. (They have a lower PSRR than usual.) Measured ripple was 24mV. Switching to a pair of my favorite tweaked Mountain View input stages let the new power supply really show its quality. My M2x now is on equal footing with the Aleph J and its dual-mono power supplies.

Last edited: