• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB B1 Nutube PCB with integrated PS

1/2 Done but sounds GREAT!

Sorry it took so long to post some 1/2 done pics but I'm finishing three projects right now.

Currently I am enjoying this, mostly done NuTube through a freshly built Aleph J amp. WOW! is all I can think or say. Seriously I'm stunned at the detail this tube is capable of producing. Currently I have the bias set a 10.0 volts. I have had it as high as 10.5 volts which is nice for a cd input. Right now i am enjoying Johnny Cash Amerirican Recordings on vinyl and Johnny sounds like he's in the room! The buzz of partially depressed strings has never sounded so sweet or clear.

Thanks Algar-emi for a Great Board!

Attachments

• IMG_20190525_100959897.jpg
    IMG_20190525_100959897.jpg
    909.7 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_20190617_191950827.jpg
    IMG_20190617_191950827.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 427
Hi Algar,

I have a few questions for you...

- I have Rev1.4 of the PCB and was wondering if post 119 and 121 issues were fixed?
- I'm using J113 from Pass kit in DIYaudio store (came with J-R1 as well). I tested the PSU before adding R107, 103, 207, and 203 and the PSU voltage were just fine. Added R107, 103, 207, and 203 and then SMPS has started to pulse, 5V pulses. This means there is possibly a short. Now that the parts in place, I cannot see the traces properly. Seems like there is a possible pinout/traces wrong on the J113. Could you please look into it?

Anyone has done J113 assembly?

Thanks
Do

Yes, and in this case, this SMPS is having a hard time charging those caps with the load attached. Trying with the bench supply I can get things working and voltages are reading fine.

Algar_emi, did you get everything running with that SMPS and the caps in your BoM or did you have to change cap values and lower the total capacitance?

My bench supply seems to indicate ~75mA with everything working at 23.98Vdc. If that is the case, maybe I need to leave the SMPS pulse for much longer but it does not seem to be able to charge more than 5-6Vdc.

I'll put everything under sine wave and see on the scope if it is properly alive.

Do