• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Round #2; Fo-Felix EMI Filter for AC mains 120/230v; By Folsom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jeremy

I need some help here.
I have my first board built and tested it yesterday, seems ok.
I am using the Comoco 4018 on this one.

I know i have some serious fluctuations in noise at my house, but mains is steady 235V.
I am using the Felix on my poweramp and it stoped working tonight.
I went and measure, and despite i have 234V at mains socket, after the Felix i read 221V !!?

I can also read a difference of 5V from Neutral to Ground ( after the Felix). But i read 1.5V from Neutral to Ground at Mains Socket.
What gives ? Something wrong with my comoco or caps ?
Thank you for helping
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi,

Are you using GB #1 or GB #2 boards? Pictures would be very helpful.

Does it measure 221v with the amp plugged in/on, or stand alone without anything but the Fo-Felix plugged in?

Please take more measurements. What is the resistance from one side of the Fo-Felix to the other on L and N? What is the measurement between the input socket L and N to the inputs on the Fo-Felix? The output to the Fo-Felix?

What size transformer on the amp? What class is the amp?

I have the GB#2 boards

At the mains socket i have 235V AC - between N and L
I have the Felix installed in the powercord so if i plug in this powercord, at the IEC side i read 221V AC - between N and L.

Resistance between AC HOT plug and IEC HOT is 0.00 ohms (the 2 sides of the felix)

Resistance between AC NEUTRAL plug and IEC NEUTRAL is 1.04 Megaohms.

The amp is no issue here, the problem is that it does not turn on because it cant deal with such low voltage.

Found the problem...i should have dismantled it sooner.
43377844214_400c3a445c_h.jpg

Now...why did the bleed resistor blew up ?
Is it because my amplifier is 400W and draws a lot of current ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.