• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Round #2; Fo-Felix EMI Filter for AC mains 120/230v; By Folsom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’m not sure precisely their size but not even close for the boards. Maybe my mistake but I don’t believe I saw an email.

I’ve pm-ed you. Thanks.

IMG_0019.JPG

As a side note:

Someone had mentioned a chassis....

I think that would be great as well. But, for the added effort and chassis cost I think it would be beneficial to include additional functionality.

I’d be a proponent of surge protection capabilities, and delayed turn on for pre/power. Perhaps others have different needs.

I presently have a Surge-X SEQ which I’m very fond of but would be quite interested to pursue a DIY solution along the same lines.

Edit: here’s the manual instead: http://espsurgex.com/downloads/manuals/SurgeX-SEQ_SEQ-1U_User-Manual-Rev-B.pdf

Perhaps comparing apples to oranges, but for me this would be the next logical step. I wonder if you or others have considered it or would have interest?

Just thinking out loud....

Regardless I appreciate your efforts and am looking forward to further exploring the Fo-Felix.

PS There was some recent discussion in the blowtorch thread regarding Richard’s work on the monster unit which might be of interest to you as well.

Last edited:
They do look nice. And they probably are a bit better at RF, but you pay for it.

I've contacted to get a quote on an 8 socket unit with the Neutrik PowerCon input. I'm thinking 12" wide 8" deep. That should leave enough room to fiddle about with a little bit of this or that, but a SurgeX might be a bit of a stretch. The SurgeX integration would be best done with a specific re-design. I just don't see it being popular with DIY. Plus some don't like it for amplifiers. However you should be able to add in other forms relatively easily.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.