• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy: DCT03 DC trap (filter) for toroidal transformers

Thanks Per-Anders for all your help with my first DIY project DCT03/Fo-Felix EMI filter. It's working perfectly :).

Attachments

• IMG_1086-2.jpg
    IMG_1086-2.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 403
Hi Per-Anders,

I've read your documentation on testing the DCT03, but I'm not sure if I need an oscilloscope or will a DMM work?
I've been using my DMM set to AC or DC volts, using either a 5VDC walwart or a 12VAC walwart but I'm not seeing 0.7, 1.4, 2.1 or 2.8 volts.

Also, my second DCT03 was built with CDE 380LX series caps, I hope those are okay, the EPCOS where out of stock at the time.

They do seem to be working okay I'm just not getting those numbers.

What am I doing wrong :confused: ?

AmpUtator, if you take a good picture of your DCT03 (both sides) I can tell you with rather high certainty that it will work.

Hi Per-Anders,

I built two DCT03's. The first unit uses CDE 380LX caps, (TDK's were out of stock) I hope the 380's are okay to use?
I briefly tested my DCT03/Fo-Felix build using an old receiver and didn't notice any problem.
Take a look at the photos and see if you think it looks okay.

After my enclosures are painted I'll test them both and see if I notice any sparks as mentioned by shattered_dream.
I did do a better soldering job on my second unit. I'll upload those photos later.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Unit-1-1.JPG
    Unit-1-1.JPG
    376.7 KB · Views: 307
  • Unit-1-2.JPG
    Unit-1-2.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 303
  • Unit-1-3.JPG
    Unit-1-3.JPG
    301 KB · Views: 298
  • Unit-1-4.JPG
    Unit-1-4.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 301
No problem with sparks?

shattered_dream.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to your question. I finally finished the paint job on my Fo-Felix / DCT03 build and re-assemble the unit. I hooked up 3 components to the outputs of the Fo-Felix / DCT03, turned out all the lights, fired everything up and no sparks at all. It appears to be working as it should, no problems so far.

Attachments

• IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 415
I'm very proud of this project especially since it's my first DIY project dealing with 120vac. Many thanks to Per-Anders and Folsom for the awesome pcb's and instructions. I'll be building one more of these in the near future. Next up for me is the Mesmerized DCB1 preamp. I don't have the skills yet to build the BA-3 preamp but it will come in time. Many thanks to everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_1327.JPG
    IMG_1327.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 423