• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Baby Huey PCB

A sincere request to everyone..

When you receive the package, take proper precaution and keep it out of reach / sunlight / outside for a few days.
As we never know , its been handled by so many people during the transit period.

I got this idea from TomTest who kept my package aside for a few days before opening and letting me know that everything is correct. Thanks Andre...

regards
prasi

Another question. My bias taps on the transformer are 40VAC. Fine for the negative bias. But for the mosfet power drive this only supplies 53VDC. Is that enough?

Attachments

• IMG20200402235431.jpg
    IMG20200402235431.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 1,539
Last edited:
The most recommended modification is to use DC power supply for heaters instead of AC to have a silent amplifier (no hum) as several builders have confirmed
Above quote from Marc had me thinking. Since an amp can be without hum with AC heaters.
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/326920-el34-baby-huey-amplifier-3.html#post5538778

So it struck me that some had isssues. Now. It is indeed no problem because one can still reference the AC heaters to ground with a 100R resistor on each leg.

For R16=15K and R17=10K as per Schematic 1.6.

R18=1K though as on the Rev. 1.6 pcb.

Last edited:
Updated GB sheet.

BABY HUEY EL34MK2+ EL84+PSU GROUP BUY - Google Sheets

Due to current situation, shipment on hold till further intimation by Indian postal dept.
Those already in transit may be delayed at various handling points / ports/post offices.. If it makes to you, please follow safe handling / sanitization procedure.

if any packet that is already shipped and is returned undelivered to me eventually, i will re-ship it at additional shipping cost or issue partial refund (full pcb cost refund but no paypal/taxes and shipping cost), if you dont want it any more.

last 2 pcbs of el34mk2 and 2 pcbs of psu remaining.

regards
prasi

Last edited: