• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

How so?

The directivity variation w/freq is nice and smooth, but decreasing, i.e. not CD.

I've messed around with ribbons on waveguides, and found a couple of issues. First, they blow up quickly. Second, the response usually looks like what you see with the larger ribbon from yesterday's post. Basically, at high frequency there's a lot of peaks and dips on and off-axis.

This is because of the geometry of the ribbon. Due to the large size, we're getting peaks.

So the performance of the LCY ribbon is exemplary. I imagine it's due to the small size of the ribbon and the excellent geometry of the horn.

As far as it NOT being constant directivity, I wouldn't expect it to be. It's not a CD horn.

I think that ribbons are attractive as a source for waveguides and horns, as the last octave tends to sound cleaner than a compression driver, due to the very good CSD.

Ribbon versus ringradiator (JMLC-1000).

Attachments

• CSD.gif
    CSD.gif
    24 KB · Views: 904
Current Pricing for Group Buy

Ive been away from this thread for a bit so please forgive me if i missed an earlier post with explanations.
Is there a current pricelist for the group buy that includes new waveguides/horns like the EJMLC-600 ?
Or does the DIY Soundgroup website reflect the current pricing ?

And just for kicks, anyone care to comment on how the JMLC-200 would work with a fullrange driver like the Fostex F200a ?
I just happen to have a pair that need a new/interesting home.

Thanks all,

Daniel

Is there a current pricelist for the group buy that includes new waveguides/horns like the EJMLC-600 ?

Please send email to diysoundgroup.

And just for kicks, anyone care to comment on how the JMLC-200 would work with a fullrange driver like the Fostex F200a ?

See hornresp simulation.

Attachments

• Hornresp.gif
    Hornresp.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 848