New Markaudio Drivers

Hello, I'm going to build a Frugel-Horn mk3 for a A7.3 that I plan to buy, but now Madisound has in stock the A7MS and for less $$$, please advice me which one would sound better, thanks in advance.
Better wait for the reviews and decide .. I took alpair 7p when it was newly introduced based on reputation of the older alpair 7.3 and it was having higher efficiency over the metal one .. but it didn't got good reviews ..

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes i have heard A11ms. It is superb.

We had Jordan Eikona (Hawking Memorial Obelisks), A11ms (tall Woden MLTL), and A10.3eN (pensil) all together for a shoot-out at last summer’s diyFEST. The A11ms was the stand-out, Eikona & A10.3eN neck & neck. The EnABLed drivers had the lead in imaging/soundstage.

Do note that while all these enclosures are MLTLs each has a different alignmnet.

The A11ms will work in the FHXL and there is a big Woden horn as well, Brodgar. It has been built and is excellent — althou the guy who built them prefers his Twin FHXL with a pair of A11ms per side.

dave

I just received 2 A11MS drivers and a friend of mine is nearly finished assembling my ACA amplifier. He has a couple cabinets we are thinking of throwing them into for the meantime just so we can listen to them. He is actually kind of excited about the spiderless design. Some of his other friends can't believe its possible. I am looking at the CGR dPlu-Ken11 with the wider 85MM spacer. Will I be good to go as long as I make sure that the holey brace just touches the back of the driver ?

Yes i have heard A11ms. It is superb.

We had Jordan Eikona (Hawking Memorial Obelisks), A11ms (tall Woden MLTL), and A10.3eN (pensil) all together for a shoot-out at last summer’s diyFEST. The A11ms was the stand-out, Eikona & A10.3eN neck & neck. The EnABLed drivers had the lead in imaging/soundstage.

Do note that while all these enclosures are MLTLs each has a different alignmnet.

The A11ms will work in the FHXL and there is a big Woden horn as well, Brodgar. It has been built and is excellent — althou the guy who built them prefers his Twin FHXL with a pair of A11ms per side.

dave

Excellent, I think I will build the FHXL for A11MS next to the FHMK3/A7??
Any news between A7.3 vs A7MS will be helpful.
Thank you.

I just received 2 A11MS drivers and a friend of mine is nearly finished assembling my ACA amplifier. He has a couple cabinets we are thinking of throwing them into for the meantime just so we can listen to them. He is actually kind of excited about the spiderless design. Some of his other friends can't believe its possible. I am looking at the CGR dPlu-Ken11 with the wider 85MM spacer. Will I be good to go as long as I make sure that the holey brace just touches the back of the driver ?

Yes, Mono Suspension is veeery interesting

Hi All, I’ve been running my A11MS for a while now & I’m loving them more & more, the more I listen, the more they are giving, the midrange/vocal range is absolutely wonderful & for music listening, I’m not missing a tweeter at all, when I recently listened to live musical instruments, I realised that my previous speakers (with tweeters) were adding artificial brightness & the A11’s sound much more natural.
Caveat being that, I’m crossing them over to my bass arrays at 250hz & using Lyngdorf amplification with their RoomPerfect room correction.