New Markaudio Drivers

CHN50P has arrived.
I'm listening to it right away, and it feels good.
Compared to CHN519, it has pros and cons.
Also, please note that CHN50 has been discontinued in Japan.

CHN50P-02.jpg

CHN50P-01.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I've just plugged back in my little sealed boxed CHN-50's and I hate them. I've eq'd the bass up and they still sound dreadful, super thin and fall apart at any modest volume, in a new house and I don't remember disliking them. Does anyone have a box design they like them in?

So I've set the speakers up a little better, they are on shelves at the same height with some distance between them. I've eq'd up the bass up, but also the NAD pre-amp has a subwoofer setting which cuts the low pass (no sub connected), so they are not getting any info below 80hz. They sound really nice again with most music, and only dreadful when you play loud or complex bass heavy, electro etc.

I take back my comment before, and I hate them a lot less. There is a lot of information missing in that lower registry. the track A&W by Lana Del Rey for instance lives in that bass region. Just playing it now on our bar set up (ported Alpair 7.3's & a passively driven 2x10" pro woofer subwoofer) a very different matter.

They sound really nice again with most music, and only dreadful when you play loud or complex bass heavy, electro etc.
One of these (22 ohm) in series with each...
IMG_20230918_183741.jpg

...cleaned up the sound on mine. The smiley-face EQ is a mixed bag as the top end becomes a little hot, but the overall result is smooth.

The 100W little class-d amp now gets dialed up a lot higher because of the resistor, but it's also a lot more tempting to crank them.

(It's a big 2W unit, btw. A couple times bigger than the ubiquitous 1/4 watters.)

I take back my comment before, and I hate them a lot less. There is a lot of information missing in that lower registry. the track A&W by Lana Del Rey for instance lives in that bass region. Just playing it now on our bar set up (ported Alpair 7.3's & a passively driven 2x10" pro woofer subwoofer) a very different matter.
Of course there is. That box is only designed to go down to about 100Hz with the wind at its back, so complaining there is no bass is a bit like criticising neolithic man for using flint axes to lop down a tree rather than using a chainsaw. ;)

Reactions: 4 users
I just changed to CHN50P which is paper cone version of CHN50.

Comparing with the OM-MF519 I listened before, the 50P seems a bit more natural and organic especially on vocal playback, mid-bass also more texturized.
Do you know where i can get those chn50p on a usa/north america site?..as they will be ship to colombia...i dont see the alpair 5.3 neither on stock at madisound... thanks (y)

These sure look like MA drivers. Nice to see them around commercially.

"Unlike conventional loudspeakers, the Move is a point source built with a full-range transducer. The entire spectrum of the music signal is reproduced by only one voice coil. Completely lossless and without crossover. The amplifier output is directly connected to the transducer. A super tweeter extends the high-frequency range up to 36 kHz and provides a rarely heard transparency for recordings with high sampling rates."

https://lindemann-audio.de/products/move/?lang=en#Features

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 18.19.30.png

Reactions: 1 users
The dimple on the dustcap of those looks like they have stuck something into it. Felt might help attenuate the top. Pluvia 7HD. 9-10 litre reflex. The 40 Hz bass extention wil be F10.

A tweeter added up so high will be a bit of a mess but will add some HF “air”

dave
Dave,

I think the drivers used are the Alpair 7MS.

I have read on one of the reviews of it online, quoting:

"This 5-inch marvel, crafted from an ultra-stiff magnesium alloy, transcends the limitations of traditional speaker design, ushering in a new era of dynamic, full-bodied sound reproduction...."

"The Move’s full-range speaker achieves this independence through a sophisticated mono suspension of four synthetic materials..."

Upon close zoom, there actually isn't a dimple on the dustcap, but they did put a cork-like material on top of it.

I'm guessing they added the "super tweeter" to add more treble detail? (Alpair 7 MS has been said to have more attenuated highs or a smoother top-end compared to its predecessors, right?)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
One of his premise has lead him astray in at least one bit, mass by itself is not an asset. But quite a bit useful.

If he practised a bit the same content would probably fit into a much shorter video. And he only showed the outside.

FR2 mimicks the FujitsuTEN shape.

The web page has more info. He lists the 3.5” A6.2m as a 2.5” and the 4” A7ms as a 3”.

dave

Last edited: