New Markaudio Drivers

Can someone please confirm, what size are these things in MAOP 7 and Alpair 10p?

1710416708900.png

Joined 2008
Paid Member

Markaudio-Sota Viotti One​

Any personal experience with these particular speakers here?

I’ve read a few of the reviews online…for what they’re worth.

I have an opportunity to pick up a pretty looking light use pair locally at about 1/4 of their list price.

I’ve no experience without the Mark Audio drivers.

I have enjoyed quite a few fullrange/widebands in various scenarios. Fostex, Lowther, Tang Band, Sonido etc…mostly 8-10” in front horns, back horns, open baffle. The bigger drivers are a bit more efficient, but I have a variety of amps to try.

I’m considering these as a quick way to hopefully get some nice sound in a new home we moved into in November. Time to build my own is hard to come by right now.

I’m thinking of putting them in the dining area and playing through to the kitchen so we can have tunes while we cook and eat.

They may end up migrating to the den for HT use eventually.

None of the rooms are very big. Standard height ceilings (8 foot)

I would be able to supplement them with a sub in either location.

IMG_3930.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
They seem to rub the gold plating off quite easily, so soldering might be a better option :)

The terminals of MarkAudio might not be gold-plated as they seem to be attracted to magnets.
Additionally, among my audio enthusiast friends, many believe that crimp terminals provide better sound than soldering.

Good crimping > Good soldering > Bad crimping > Bad soldering

Reactions: 1 user
The terminals of MarkAudio might not be gold-plated as they seem to be attracted to magnets.
Thanks for the experiment, but that demonstrates the properties of material of the terminal rather than the plating.

my audio enthusiast friends, many believe that crimp terminals provide better sound than soldering.
Like on everything else, opinions differ :) I guess one needs to try both and decide which is better for him, or if he can hear the difference at all.

Others will say the different materials of the crimp terminals produce different sound. Same for the solder used when soldering :)

Last edited by a moderator: