PRV 5MR450-NDY for FAST/WAW applications

Looks good indeed.

What's with the Dali style looking screwdriver on the left!??
Just as weird as the clocks!

744374d1553123670-prv-5mr450-ndy-fast-waw-applications-77c5a730-b0dd-420e-8986-05f2a60df004-jpg

never seen offset shaft screwdrivers?

The handle spins so You basically turn the screws like a crank.
I was a Journeyman HVACR service engineer before I jumped trades, carrying a cordless drill, along with the piles of other tools gets heavy when hauling up and down ladders.
A couple of those screwdrivers makes short work of the job.
Spin the screws without turning Your wrist or carrying a heavy drill.

sorry for this sidebar gents but i'm wondering if this driver would be a good "mic" element in this project SPKR MiK: How to Make a Microphone From a Speaker.: 9 Steps (with Pictures)

What a cool idea!
I would think a different, less stiff, driver would work better.
Regardless, this looks like a fun project to build!
I have a spare woofer out of a JBL 6208 studio monitor collecting dust.
Perhaps this will be a fun project to build a My Kid over spring break.
I’m going to read up on it and see what all I need to build it.

Initial testing without any equalization...
I’m telling You it sounds amazing straight out the box!
Movies will need a bit of a bump toward the bottom but music is absolutely stunning.
It’s too late to really get the cones moving, tomorrow will be a new day hopefully finding strange room nodes to eliminate.

Attachments

• B20FC6AA-6437-4586-8202-6FCF84C63BD5.jpg
    B20FC6AA-6437-4586-8202-6FCF84C63BD5.jpg
    918.7 KB · Views: 204
  • B66CD668-90F1-4ACF-A5A4-D581A59632AA.jpg
    B66CD668-90F1-4ACF-A5A4-D581A59632AA.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 199
Amazing drivers, aren't they! With pro audio woofers, the range at which you can cross them over is huge. I can sweep the XO between 300-4000 without it sounding too lacking/crazy

They really are!
What initially caught My eye was the neodymium array while I was digging around looking through the open box deals at Parts Express.
My further research online brought Me here!
You Guys have been most helpful and My sound system has never sounded so incredible!
I anticipated the system needing significantly more adjustment out the box, it’s just fine tuning and tailoring to material that’s needed.
Perhaps some tweaking to the room but I’m not seeing or hearing anything significantly in need.

I’m building another system for My bedroom using 2 PRVs with 2-Dayton 10” HO with 12”passive radiators.
I’m undecided on what I’m going to use to power everything, I have 2-Dayton spa250 plate amps that would be perfect if they didn’t have a 180hz lowpass filter built in.
If I can find a way to bypass it I’ll use them. So far I haven’t been able to find anything online, haven’t been able to even find the schematic for them either.

Mic stand is a great idea!

What are you crossing at?

PRV sounds even better if you can limit lowest Hz getting to it. I use an 80nF cap between the volume control & amp driving them.

I’m using a Minidsp 2x4hd so crossover is infinitely adjustable, currently crossing over at 500hz.
The JBL2235h should be good to around 1500ish?
I’ll play around with it tomorrow when I can poor some power to them!

I’m building another system for My bedroom using 2 PRVs with 2-Dayton 10” HO with 12”passive radiators.
I’m undecided on what I’m going to use to power everything, I have 2-Dayton spa250 plate amps that would be perfect if they didn’t have a 180hz lowpass filter built in.
If I can find a way to bypass it I’ll use them. So far I haven’t been able to find anything online, haven’t been able to even find the schematic for them either.

I'm using Behringer iNukes. With built in DSP keeps things simple & tidy.

If anyone want to sell this drivers before i put my order on partsexpress, let me know asap :D

here is my OB design with 21" & 12" pro audio drivers, sketched using ms paint. top baffle either steel frame or crafted bb/cc plywood, already cut the lower baffle.

I have behringer nu3000dsp, minidsp 2x4HD, and LXmini board from diystore to be completed.

3 class a amplifier for prv, aragon2004/myrefC gainclone for 12". also a pair of 2x12" opposed subwoofer is on my workbench which will be powered by behringer, either 21" to be driven from LXmini board or the prv.

hopefully this a can be completed this year.

Attachments

• Gunungan - Baffle.png
    Gunungan - Baffle.png
    937.1 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_20190317_195853.jpg
    IMG_20190317_195853.jpg
    664.1 KB · Views: 249
thanks X, just notice that you also has your own webstore :up:

I'm still contemplating either to buy extra 1 pcs for my future center channel. just need extra dialog channel, don't care about surround.

because i also want to use this stereo as my L/R for HT but it seems av receiver with pre out is already at middle class price, like denon 35xx series, 15xx or 25xx has no pre-out. dedicated AV processor price is crazy.

it seems building htpc is better, i can play games too :D