Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread

Bad tracking and poor playback.

Hi Tibi,

Trust you are well.

I have done as you said and cleaned the circuit board with iso prop. It was filthy, my bad :headbash: . Now it's all clean and shiny.

It now works like a dream and plays my oldest CDs which are scratched very badly. My Brother's in Arms CD plays again. I did find another error with a capacitor. I put a 6V 470uF instead of 16V 470uF in C13. I must have misread the parts list when I ordered my parts from Mouser.

I've also installed the hot rodded drive you supplied. Since I've never listened to a bog standard one I can't comment on what improvement this offers. All I will say is it sounds very good indeed. My own attempt worked but was a right mess. I've since bought some smaller tips for my iron.

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Cheers, Aleks

Attachments

• 20141217_143355.jpg
    20141217_143355.jpg
    827.9 KB · Views: 397
Hi Tibi,

Need abit of help here. I hook up everything except:

1) digital out cable
2) remote control battery

Issue:

1) the LED on the Psu board is not working but measure 8v.

2) no reading from the mechanism. The screen shows 00. I pressed the Door button the disc start spinning and shows ' -- ' then back to '00' again. I was using proper bought cd. When the cd spins, I can hear and see the lens move in mm few times then stop. Anything I missed out?

Thanks!

Hi Tibi,

Need abit of help here. I hook up everything except:

1) digital out cable
2) remote control battery

Issue:

1) the LED on the Psu board is not working but measure 8v.

2) no reading from the mechanism. The screen shows 00. I pressed the Door button the disc start spinning and shows ' -- ' then back to '00' again. I was using proper bought cd. When the cd spins, I can hear and see the lens move in mm few times then stop. Anything I missed out?

Thanks!

Laser protection solder blob ?

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator: