Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread

Worked hard today all afternoon to solve the issue with skippin and TOC reading with Vishay modified laser and the case is solved-closed.My shiga read every CD I put on.
So may steps was like this:
1.Find best laser unit modified with Vishay1837 that read best possible and most of CD's. At this point I figured out unredable CD' and insisted only on this . Now ,once figured out the best laser unit ,I got 90% reading CD's...
2.Switch some mechanism platforms and find best one,at this point I find that some will perform very poor,I mean not reding at all...So figured out the best performing mechanism I got reading without skippings all CD ,but anyway there was one that will not give up and that one is ABBA's The Album(Polydor 0040150)...Not reading even TOC...but I foundet that if read TOC of another CD and put to play this one CD will be played...
So, I got shiga playing without skipping ALL CD's ,but only ABBA give me headache.Some time reading TOC ,it take a litlle bit longer but it reads and palys nice. and now I came to compound No3 that make the solution to 100% read TOC and without skipping ALL my CD's.
3.That is legendary C906. I was using there an russian FT-1 0.012uF.So I changed with Vishay 0,1uF and... voyla it reads ALL but ALL CD's in my collection.That means to me that 0,01uf is not enough for some reason to read properly all foulty CD's.
Finnaly, it took half a day to me but I'm happy now ,listening ABBA's The Album .
Hope my findings will help to someone...
Nicu

Hi, Nbivol

where to buy the rubber that u have use in the picture the green color and red color look act an "absorber".

Last edited:
Hi Tibi.

The kind of flatcable you sent in the kit. Is it good enough to use between J2 and the motor?
Thanks for the link to danzups post - I don't understand how I missed it? Probably tried to hard reading thru all posts...

Regards

Yes, it is a very good cable. Use it.

This thread become big and my friend jazz35 is working to make a concise document.

Regards,
Tibi

index.php

This is what you are looking for Dimitri

Sad day...

:(

First. My transport seems to be broken. Several teeth are missing on the longitudional rack which moves the laser back and forth.

Second. If I help it beyond the damage it goes inwards and starts pounding the end switch. It does it until I turn power of. I might have missunderstod the cd door pins. Are they 1 to 1, 2 to 2 and 3 to 3?

A picture of the broken transport...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Please advise.

Regards

Last edited: