Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread

1. Check if lens can be moved freely and there magnets are not in friction with lens coil.
2. Make sure your optical ribbon cable make contact. I suggest you to replace this cable.
3. If above do not solve, replace LA6541

Regards,
Tibi

OK, the lens cannot move freely. There's something blocking them, but I can't see the magnets.
I'm using the model in the picture below, with which I'm not as familiar as with the standard model.

Attachments

• mec10185.jpg
    mec10185.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 499
It could be possible with some buffers and a special matrix OLED.

Regards,
Tibi
What is the timing diagram for signals connected to segment LCD?
I’m guessing three com signals mux Segment signals S1-S6. But, the digits of LCD are seven segment, how come only S1-S6 signals from LC78601 ?
I’m thinkIng to use a mcu to capture LCD signals, interpret the display information, then create commandS to drive an SPI OLED.

Last edited:
I can offer you a Shiga MKII black at 169euro. This include main pcb, display and standard power regulator wiyh 7808.
Not included: cd puck, cd mechanic, IR remote.
I can also offer power supply Zeno with synchronous rectification, bronze cd puck, modded cd mechanic, or a full mounted Shiga MKII high grade Lecel 1, 2, 3.

Ship only to EU.

PM if you are interested.
Regards,
Tibi

Hi there Tibi!

Got a MKII going/working. I read quite a few pages to about the modes. But I didn't notice anything about the screen light. It is quite bright. There is a place for a 500 trimpot - is that to dim the screen? Shout one of resistors be removed?

Thanks for the super transport! :)

Tibi,

I have problems. See link.
Shared album - jugi jugi - Google Photos

The transport does this now. Sometimes it has played after doing this, but now only this. There was an actual defect also: one of the wires had broken of. I soldered all the wires strait to the PCB and again it worked for a couple of times, but now only this.
Shared album - jugi jugi - Google Photos

Any idea what to do?

Ok - also a couple of the wires to the main PCB had broken also... I had tried twisting the flat cable to see if there were problems there also, but as there was the heat shrink there I didn't see until I removed the heat shrink. This transport has been stored indoors for a couple of years (since the 100$ deal, you Tibi had at one time). So it if wiered that the cables are in such bad state beside connectors...

I'll solder the the other end of flat cable and we'll see then...