TDA1541A Diy Pcb - "Distinction-1541 v2"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Voltage values on TDA1541 pins

Could anybody be so kind and measure the voltages on all the TDA1541 pins except I2S input pins and possibly the scope pictures of I2S input pins? Or maybe someone could point me to a done measurement.

I'm struggling with another TDA1541 pcb while I'm waiting for distinction pcb and just can not get it to run. Now I'm not sure if there is something wrong with my soldering or the TDA chips that I own are bad.

Ryan
PCB arrived here as well. As others report a thing of beauty.

I am sure you are keen to get feedback. Mine will take a while as I have some other issues to work out.. Look forward to building and reporting.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Walter

Hi Walter,

You're very welcome. It's the least I could have done for my fellow diyers. I hope this design can live up to any expectations.

Yes, very keen to get some feedback, although I should be patient as there's a fair bit more work involved compared to V1. Take your time, ill look forward to your opinion.

Ryan

Hi Guys, there are some pretty small parts Im not sure about.

http://nz.mouser.com/Search/Product...irtualkey52130000virtualkey810-C0603C0G1E470J

this is probably the worse, 0.6mm length. I don't know if I can see it let alone solder it. Any tricks/tips soldering this type of device? What tools do I need to buy. Ive soldered the odd smt chip, but nothing like a whole project and this small.
Should I buy an oven and use solder paste? Is a needle tip soldering iron required, and what diameter solder? Should I use google and leave you guys alone:)

Hi Luke,

There's no reason why you couldn't try a film in this position. I went for an np0 because they provide very low distortion from what I read. Feel free to mix it up as you please. As for soldering the 0603 parts... All I could suggest is the way I do it, which is to solder one pad first without the part in place, put the part on, tack in place, then solder the other side as normal, use heaps of extra flux. Resolder the side you tacked. No need for a pointy tip really. I use .7mm 60/40 solder, may be better off with .5mm. Solder paste is another option, use a hot air gun set at about 290 degrees Celsius, don't use too much paste. Hope this helps a bit.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

For those ordering from Mouser here's a project

* B2B-XH-A(LF)(SN): not part of the project BOM
** alternatives in Ryan's BOM is included, and thus one needs to remove one or the other.

Price incl. alternatives (without B2B-XH-A(LF)(SN)'s) ~ 30USD

I think the ordering project Is incomplete because the units of the order do not correspond to the units of the project BOM. I have done project with all the units (mouser and digikey) and the price of the components is around 110 USD.

Is it true or did I eat a terrible rookie error?

If someone has finished the project can put photos of the finished pcb?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello guys, there are some tda1541A that give problems with the pcb?

I had thought about putting a N2

Thanks

Hi Jjazz,

One chip I haven't tried in my PCB is the Non A version, but I dont see why it wouldn't work. Not sure what the suffix N2 stands for but it should be fine.

I'd recommend getting a taiwan chip. To my ears in my current setup it sounds better that an old S1. John Brown may still have some for sale as he is clearing out his stock.

Cheers.

Hello everyone,

thanks for the quick delivery Ryan, the PCB arrived in good order.

since i got some time off i started to build my project.

i started soldering from the middle to the outside everything went just fine until i reached C21 C27 C30 C35 the part i ordered is C0603C0G1E470J030BA.

now guys, i received some ridiculous small capacitors barely visible trough the magnifying glass

the capacitors barely reaches to the border of the soldering pads.

i had 5 of them ordered 3 i inhaled and one i lost, i`m not shitting you then i gave up.

i wont ever be capable of soldering these caps.

Ryan, is there a workaround, do these caps come in different sizes? Please enlighten me.

just a note: the dimension seems to be 0,024" x 0,012" (0,60 mm x 0,30 mm)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.