TDA1541A Diy Pcb - "Distinction-1541 v2"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you make a CEN PB, I would be interested in one! A friend has a Lampizator, and I get its appeal, but I'm not sure its me. Very lush and colored, but nice. There is a thread on DIYA where someoen has refined a CCDA tube stage and I find this appealing. Although Thorsten first went with an SRPP stage, it seems the consensus from what I have seen is that it's probably not the best topology for i/v use. I think his last published i/v was a single 6922.

Hi Luke,

If I end up making a new CEN pcb, i'll definitely share what I have. Still much work to be done. It may be a better option to make a SEN instead, since it uses only N channel devices and not matched P to N channel. BF862s may be worth looking into to use in the SEN instead of k170s, although BF862 are in a SOT-23, so may be fun to match...

Cheers.

Quick sim

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share this simulation to compare the two circuit scenarios of -5V and -6 within the zener string stacked supply.

I mentioned this a few pages back but now i've upped the current to match the heat dissipation off the pass PNP for -15V (main circuit restriction) when operating with -5V to demonstrate there really is no downside to this -6V config, although input voltage to the supply should be no less than 26.5V instead of 26V.

cheers

Attachments

• -6V higher current.jpg
    -6V higher current.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 732
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Ryan,

I keep poking my head in here to see how the project's going, looks like I can get boards soon!

I also want to say MANY THANKS for trying out the Rubycon PML caps, I have some 10uf and 22uf here for some other projects, was very curious how they'd work. Sounds like you like them!

Looking forward to this coming together!

Greg in Mississippi (#1 on the GB list!!!)

PCBs ordered.

Ryan,

I keep poking my head in here to see how the project's going, looks like I can get boards soon!

I also want to say MANY THANKS for trying out the Rubycon PML caps, I have some 10uf and 22uf here for some other projects, was very curious how they'd work. Sounds like you like them!

Looking forward to this coming together!

Greg in Mississippi (#1 on the GB list!!!)

Hi Greg,

I see you put your name on the list December 2014! Thanks for being patient, and remaining interested in this project. PCBs have finally been ordered so the wait is coming to an end. The PML caps from Rubycon were recommended to me by someone very helpful on this forum. I haven't had a huge amount of experience with them but they certainly fit my design criteria.

Cheers.

:)

Schematics and overlay.

Hi Guys,

Here is the link to the schematics and pcb overlay.

Schematics and overlay

Once file is opened and saved onto your computer, open in a pdf viewer, you will see a bookmark button menu on the left if using Adobe Reader. Every designator is listed, it will zoom into the part on the pcb and schematics for your convenience.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi Daniel, I'm considering a vacuum state fvp5a, but i need to work out the gain. I will likely use a low value resistor for iv, maybe 56 ohms. There is a guy on this forum who has done alot of work around iv resistors and tube gain stage, I think he used a ccda and the thread goes by this name. Check it out, it has links to his website. If used anything else it would be jfets i think.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.