Signalyst DSC1

I finished the universal recloker isolator (PCM/DSD) fully compatible with the Amanero connector.

That looks interesting Pavel. Will will boards be available or just gerber files?

One observation though - I'm guessing people with the older DSC versions will already have soldered the headers to their boards and, like me, will most likely have the vertical arrangement so will have difficulty mating with your right-angle heaer/connector. You could extend the PCB a little so that a vertical header could be used - would make things a lot easier than trying to unsolder and replace an old header.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I finished the universal recloker isolator (PCM/DSD) fully compatible with the Amanero connector.
Can be used as a more compact solution instead of Hermes.
Must be consistent with older versions of DSC2 2.5.2 and 2.6.2. Included with this board will soon publish a new firmware for the BBB. The firmware supports UPNP, NAA, RAAT. Made on the basis of buildroot. It occupies a total of 76M on disk and 17M in RAM.

Price? GB?

i think the image is corrupted.
i can't flash with etcher neither unpack with gzip
I checked it again, wrote it down to SD, and wrote it down to eMMC.
No problem.

md5sum 5da39724e4a6fcebadbc5e247868a402

Attachments

• 14-06-2019 8-30-25.png
    14-06-2019 8-30-25.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 350
I run HQ Player on a music server. I know that is all working fine because I run another HQ Player BBB/NAA into a Twisted Pear DAC.
Hi Nautiboy,

I have the same setup as yours: BBB-> Hermes -> Cronus-> Buffalo III. Could you please tell me which botic version you are using? I have been unable to install NAA on mine. Apart from the NAA issue it works fine running squeezelite to play both PCM and dsd.

Many thanks,
Giulio

Pavel's website is working for me now so I downloaded his new botic image and wrote it to a uSD card using Etcher without any problem.

I've just booted my BBB from the uSD card and have logged into it using ssh via putty - all looks fine and HQ player can see it as an NAA too.

I can't comment further as I have to wait until my replacement Cronus, courtesy of Twisted Pear, arrives before I can try to configure it and play music.

Last edited:
I have the same setup as yours: BBB-> Hermes -> Cronus-> Buffalo III. Could you please tell me which botic version you are using? I have been unable to install NAA on mine. Apart from the NAA issue it works fine running squeezelite to play both PCM and dsd.

Not quite Giulio. My B3SE dac uses an Acko SO3 isolator/reclocker between the BBB and TPA boards. Hermes/Cronus are only relevant in the context of this DSC2 project and I hope to be able to use Pavel's botic7 package on the BBB.

For my B3SE, the BBB is running a boticized distro from several years back - it just works so I don't bother to update it. BTW, I've run this DAC at DSD512 and PCM768 for a short while ad it worked but I routinely use rates at half those to be within the published spec of the DAC.

Anyway, when I was trying to get to grips with the Cronus problem I found it simple to put together a Debian release, install the latest botic kernel available from mieero's site and then install HQP NAA over the top. I had an issue with the latest version of HQP NAA but found a release from late 2017 worked fine - that said, it is entirely possible that the NAA issue was a manifestation of the Cronus hardware fault. Happy to help if you need it.

Ray