Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

DSP Xover project (part 2)
DSP Xover project (part 2)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th January 2020, 12:55 PM   #3421
vinylnvalves is offline vinylnvalves  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I did start again.. with a different laptop. Everything worked fine on the preset “pass through” settings. I then made sure all the channels were where I thought they were. I then rebuilt the crossovers back up from scratch. Everything is now working correctly as before. I don’t know what I did differently from yesterday evening... but it now works again.

It’s interesting there are no affordable alternatives now minidsp have stopped selling DIY options, if there are could someone let me know.... as I feel I need an alternative spare option as next time I may not be as lucky.
Old 4th January 2020, 05:08 PM   #3422
Mr BA is offline Mr BA  England
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I missed out on Najda and am looking for something similar. I've been watching this thread with interest - freeDSP-aurora - DSP with 8 I/Os, USB Audio, S/P-DIF, ADAT, Bluetooth and Wifi contro
Old 5th January 2020, 12:05 PM   #3423
Joao@AltheaMusica is offline Joao@AltheaMusica  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylnvalves View Post
I did start again.. with a different laptop. Everything worked fine on the preset “pass through” settings. I then made sure all the channels were where I thought they were. I then rebuilt the crossovers back up from scratch. Everything is now working correctly as before. I don’t know what I did differently from yesterday evening... but it now works again.
It’s interesting there are no affordable alternatives now minidsp have stopped selling DIY options, if there are could someone let me know.... as I feel I need an alternative spare option as next time I may not be as lucky.

Glad that it works now fine again Maybe the old files are not stored properly on your laptop, anyway it works now.

The freedsp-aurora mentioned could be an option for you. I was thinking as well about using it as alternative to the Najda...

But all of these DSPs possess the same characteristics: the AD and DA converters are poorly design and they are adding a "digital signatur" to the signal - even in "pass-through" modus! So I went back to analogue crossovers and use the DSP as measuring and adjustment instrument.
Old 5th January 2020, 12:24 PM   #3424
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao@AltheaMusica View Post
But all of these DSPs possess the same characteristics: the AD and DA converters are poorly design and they are adding a "digital signatur" to the signal - even in "pass-through" modus!

Really? Would love to see any evidence of that that you might have.
Old 29th March 2020, 09:35 PM   #3425
Speedysteve7 is offline Speedysteve7  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

You'll have to qualify the statement

"all of these DSPs possess the same characteristics: the AD and DA converters are poorly design and they are adding a "digital signatur" to the signal - even in "pass-through" modus"

Which 'all' have you experience of?
Old 29th March 2020, 09:57 PM   #3426
paulfk is offline paulfk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

If anyone is looking for a najda dsp I have one built by a member here. As I am only using single drivers I really don't need it and only use it as a dac.
Old 1st April 2020, 09:14 PM   #3427
Speedysteve7 is offline Speedysteve7  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfk View Post
If anyone is looking for a najda dsp I have one built by a member here. As I am only using single drivers I really don't need it and only use it as a dac.
PM'd you
Old 26th April 2020, 11:54 AM   #3428
harmonykjazz is offline harmonykjazz  France
diyAudio Member

Hello everyone, I am selling my najda system in a 19" rack, with remote and front buttons and screen. The system is clean and has been working perfectly for 3 years about.
Shipping from France. I can send you pictures if you want.
Old 27th April 2020, 01:13 PM   #3429
vinylnvalves is offline vinylnvalves  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

PM - sent to Harmonykjazz
Old 14th May 2020, 01:25 PM   #3430
a007udio is offline a007udio  Europe
diyAudio Member

Hi.
I have problem with Najda DSP outputs 5 to 8 (there are only clicks from the speakers when i turn the volume button and low volume distorted sound when i turn the volume way up on Najda).
The problem happened when i changed the op amp for channel 5 & 6 and the opamp was not completely in socket.
I tried to change to stock configuration but the problem remains.
Is there anything i can do? All other works perfect.

Thanks.

DSP Xover project (part 2)Hide this!Advertise here!