Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

IMG_8412.jpeg Hi, I looked at your image 8412, seems like you have your bridge board connected under.That board is for higher voltage,to connect more capacitors in serie.You created short circuit,hope it helps.
Here is why I put that third board in. See pic. The solder legs under the board come close to if not touch the yellow cap. So I thought that was a neutral board to lift the main board higher. It’s not mentioned in the manual that I saw.

Attachments

• IMG_8416.jpeg
    IMG_8416.jpeg
    271.5 KB · Views: 62
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Put an extra washer in there to move the PCB away to be safe
Hello,
I dont have the manual at hand but if si you create an " airtight" connection between the board and the two terminals on the balancing board side will it be possible to create a short circuit ?
IF so it MUST be clearly mentioned and/or illustrated in the manual.
I think the washers are used to distribute the pressure executed by the BIG nut. The pressure is there every second for several years to come. Without any precautions and * mixing " different metals after a few years it could be stuck for life. Stainless steel bolts are notorious for this.
But things will advance and probably you can get more F with same dimensions.
Greetings Eduard

Hello,
I dont have the manual at hand but if si you create an " airtight" connection between the board and the two terminals on the balancing board side will it be possible to create a short circuit ?
IF so it MUST be clearly mentioned and/or illustrated in the manual.
I think the washers are used to distribute the pressure executed by the BIG nut. The pressure is there every second for several years to come. Without any precautions and * mixing " different metals after a few years it could be stuck for life. Stainless steel bolts are notorious for this.
But things will advance and probably you can get more F with same dimensions.
Greetings Eduard
I think it’s made to work with different super caps. So depending on manufacturer maybe it will fit a bit differently. I can’t tell if the yellow outer covering on the cans is aluminum with paint or some kind of non-metallic plastic surface. I’ll re-read the spec sheet for the Eaton caps.

I think it’s made to work with different super caps. So depending on manufacturer maybe it will fit a bit differently. I can’t tell if the yellow outer covering on the cans is aluminum with paint or some kind of non-metallic plastic surface. I’ll re-read the spec sheet for the Eaton caps.
Looks like it’s a PVC coating.

Attachments

• IMG_8418.png
    IMG_8418.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 46
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
The number of washers and pictures clearly show the washer being used at both sides of the board.
Greetings, Eduard
P.s i will check what is available for mounting. I am sure there some stuff used by the real guys not the audiophiles. I mean the guys whose first concern is reliability.

Reactions: 1 users