Brainstorming Purifi 1et400a amps

1,490,00 € tax included

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Amplifier Class D Stereo Purifi 2x400W 4 Ohm - Audiophonics

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier | Page 63 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

index.php

Audiophonics Interface Card

[ Both modules are driven in opposite phase, to cancel out the «Power-Supply Pumping» effect. This allows greater stability in the power supply by alternately distributing current draws on each rail, thus increasing its overall capacities.

We opted for a regulation with two voltage levels in order to optimize the power supply to the PDOs and the auxiliary voltage supplied to the modules. This allows the OPAs to be powered with a high voltage (18V) for better overall performance, and allows them in turn to provide the voltage needed to reach the amplifier's maximum output level. While still maintaining the auxiliary voltage required by the modules.

Each channel uses its own Analog Devices OP275 AOP. They are based on a hybrid Bipolar / JFET technology. Bringing precision and musicality. They are mounted on a socket allowing their possible replacement.

To suit all uses we opted for 3 gain settings, adjustable by jumper on the interface card:

• Gain of + 9.5dB, for a total of 22.3dB (default) Maximum power reached with a signal of ~ 3.2V RMS
  • Gain of + 15.5dB, for a total of 28.3dB Maximum power reached with a signal of ~ 1.6V RMS
  • Bypass: in this case the signal passes directly from the inputs to the modules, allowing the lowest possible gain of 12.8dB. This mode can be interesting when using a powerful preamplifier, capable of driving a load of 2 to 4kOhm and reaching a voltage of ~ 10V RMS ]

closed account
Joined 2007
This morning I finally got the MODU case.
And ... finally the amplifier is mostly complete – some cleanup to be done.

I use a light blue plexiglass cover, internal perforated iron baseplate spray painted matte cobalt blue, added some "mounting cubes". There are venting slits on the bottom plate, and as you can see I have venting slits also on the rear plate.

IMG-5684.jpg

IMG-5685.jpg

This morning I finally got the MODU case.

And ... finally the amplifier is mostly complete – some cleanup to be done.

I use a light blue plexiglass cover, internal perforated iron baseplate spray painted matte cobalt blue, added some "mounting cubes". There are venting slits on the bottom plate, and as you can see I have venting slits also on the rear plate.

IMG-5684.jpg

IMG-5685.jpg
Look beautiful. Proud accomplishment!

closed account
Joined 2007
Do you have a class ab that you directly compared to ?

Yes and no. I have a Naim NAP250 clone, still, at home, but I just sold my Abrahamsen V30UP+V40UP combo. I also have a TEAC integrated, not something to scream about. What I can say, even though you must take it with a pinch of salt, is that there is much less colour and more detail than any other amp I have auditioned at home, except perhaps for a loaned Lavardin IS, and the Apollon NC500 monoblocks (also just sold) which, while fabulous, did not have the sweet treble of the Purifi.

Too bad I am no longer in the position of making a direct comparison, but one condition from my best half was to put the other "big" amps on sale to support the build of this one, and I did not expect them to sell so quickly...

Roberto

closed account
Joined 2007
Does anyone have the NC500 Evaluation board sch. ? It looks fairly simply and would allow for monoblock arrangement. We are still waiting for Tom's adapterboard so perhaps that one is even better.

And congratulations mocenigo :)

Thank you very much. I put some effort into making a beautiful case for these modules, because they deserve it. I also attempted to put the audio circuitry as far as possible from the IEM generating parts of the power supplies: AC on the far left becomes DC to the centre, and then audio boards on the right. There is no audible interference, whereas, for instance, my old Abrahamsen had a higher hum on one channel because that channel was closer to the huge toroidal.

My wife, that works in finances for a laser manufacturer, while she was complaining at all my partial expenses, did not complain one bit about the cost of the case (around 290 EUR with all customisations and additional parts): "I know how much cases for professional stuff cost, and they are nowhere as beautiful as that one." Well, if my wife did not complain, what did I do wrong?!?

Full res pics @ Purifi-Neurochrome Build — ImgBB

Thank you very much. I put some effort into making a beautiful case for these modules, because they deserve it. I also attempted to put the audio circuitry as far as possible from the IEM generating parts of the power supplies: AC on the far left becomes DC to the centre, and then audio boards on the right. There is no audible interference, whereas, for instance, my old Abrahamsen had a higher hum on one channel because that channel was closer to the huge toroidal.

My wife, that works in finances for a laser manufacturer, while she was complaining at all my partial expenses, did not complain one bit about the cost of the case (around 290 EUR with all customisations and additional parts): "I know how much cases for professional stuff cost, and they are nowhere as beautiful as that one." Well, if my wife did not complain, what did I do wrong?!?

Full res pics @ Purifi-Neurochrome Build — ImgBB
It is both technical and in looks a beautiful build. And if your wife likes it, :up::up: :wave2: :wave2:.

Attachments

• Purifi-ATL-modified-sulzer-mocenigo.jpg
    Purifi-ATL-modified-sulzer-mocenigo.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 835
  • ATL-modified-sulzer-ensambled-with-transformer.jpg
    ATL-modified-sulzer-ensambled-with-transformer.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 836
  • Purifi-by-mocenigo-inside.jpg
    Purifi-by-mocenigo-inside.jpg
    842.1 KB · Views: 837
Last edited: