Brainstorming Purifi 1et400a amps

At this time it is one of my favorite amps, at least with the Benchmark HGC used as a preamp and with my current speakers, Magnepan 1.7 and Jeff Bagby 3 way. It is very neutral and and sounds similar to Benchmark AHB2 with more power. For me it has a good bass/ mid-range and upper frequencies are not stringent, and allows for long listing sessions. For my cost of around $1200 not counting time it's a bargain.

Input buffer with Korg Nutube

Input buffer for Hypex and Purifi-Audio with triode Korg Nutube | atm-audio.com

IMG_2258-scaled.jpg

Nutube-100mV-L.jpg

I think is better idea the Universal Buffer, specifically adapted by Neurochrome for these modules.

As I live in Spain, if I would like harmonics saturation, better a tube preamp with balanced outputs for the Purifi, builded with my preferences by an artesan as Miguel / Santafé Analog. But without graphs...

PREAMPLIFICADOR DE LINEA SA-3CT | Listado de productos | Santafe Analog

The most logical thing would be a VSTplugin that only added harmonics and use it whenever I wanted, in some recordings.

Last edited:
closed account
Joined 2007
I think is better idea the Universal Buffer, specifically adapted by Neurochrome for these modules.

By the way, have you noticed that I thanked you publicly for letting me know about the Neurochrome Universal Buffer? However it does not need adaptation or a special version to work with the 1ET400A. I have it attached to the EVAL1 board with its buffers bypassed. Yes, special and simple adaptor boards are coming from Neurochrome, but we can enjoy the combination already. And I am!!!

I read it but years ago Tom Christiansen attacked me personally and never apologized for what I decided that I would not participate again in his threads. This is not obvious that recognizes excellence. Everything to ask about how much slew rate is necessary, took it as a personal attack!

Do you mind posting the conversation or linking the thread to support your claim?

Best,
Anand.

Mod86 or Mod286 thread. I had doubts about whether the LM3886 had enough slew-rate. Now I do not have them, but then I do. I even passed him a link with orchestral music that I uploaded expressly for him to do the test, and the next day or the other ...

A very good 24/192 vinyl rip: Copland - Fanfare..., Rodeo, Appalachian Spring - Lane (1982)

Copland* / Louis Lane Conducting Atlanta Symphony Orchestra - Appalachian Spring / Rodeo / Fanfare For The Common Man (1982, Vinyl) | Discogs

DR Peak RMS Filename
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR16 -0.47 dB -21.80 dB A1 Fanfare For The Common Man
DR18 -0.12 dB -23.00 dB A2 Rodeo - Buckaroo Holiday
DR14 -14.74 dB -34.88 dB A3 Rodeo - Corral Nocturne
DR14 -9.90 dB -30.58 dB A4 Rodeo - Saturday Night Waltz
DR16 -0.89 dB -23.20 dB A5 Rodeo - Hoe-Down
DR17 -0.39 dB -23.86 dB B1 Appalachian Spring (Suite)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of Files: 6
Official DR Value: DR16

Alternate power supply for Purifi EVAL1?

500W +/-55V Amplifier Dual-Voltage PSU Audio AMP Switching Power Supply Board (on Ebay about $45 total)

I am wondering if these PSU's could be used with the Purifi modules as an all in one, simple, more compact alternative to the HYPEX + other power supplies because:

1. in addition to +/- 55V (you can pick voltage) they also have;
2. All auxiliary voltage: +/- 15V, 1A (shared GND with the main voltage)
3. and + 12V, 0.5A (separate ground wire);

If I understand correctly an UNregulated +/- 16.4 - 25V is needed for the EVAL1 so perhaps one could simply remove the + and - 15 volt VOLTAGE REGULATORS on the above mentioned +/- 55V PSU and get at least +/- 16.4 volts UNregulated out. I think this should work?

One caveat, the voltage output shown in the ebay ad (i.e. +/- 50V, +/- 60V is for 110VAC input. I have purchased these and the line voltage at my place is 123 VAC so the corresponding output is higher by about the ratio of the VAC increase. So, if one has 120VAC and you order +/- 55 V PSU, expect to get about +/- 60 V output.

+/- 55 X (120/110) = +/-60V ouput