The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Hi,and thanks, yes, it could be, but then it had to be that somehow it is a problem driving the Hypex analog in , but apparentely not a problem driving my Musical Fidelity Kw 250s aux in ( as the measurements in that regard show a normal behaviour), and I will try to look into that too, after I redo all the measuring..Although as I said, this really mirrors my experience. I had always measured my room/speakers using REW through laptop analog into MFs driving the speakers, and then applied the correction on the Fusions assuming they were linear when I began to use them. They never sounded right, always a bit muffled and lacking detail like reverb tails, and that is what lead me to do the measuring to check if ther was any difference... Nowadays laptops outputs are nice, and Hypex doesn´t state any difference in behavior frequency wise on this amp between the digital and analog ins. An analog laptop out is a valid source, albeit not the most qualitative, including mine, but usually output are very far from such a gross deviation. I have read over time all of this thread, trying to decide wether I should buy them, and never read anyone raise this issue... So, maybe there is something wrong in my setup or settings, or just my particular amps, or the way my MF preamp reacts to the incoming signal vs the Hypexes...or, it was just never measured, or overlooked or never remarked on, or something else...Someone around here with more knowledge and resources than me could try and do the same I did, and compare how their Fusions measure with no filtering or eq, when fed analog, driving speakers, vs digital in, vs analog amp driving those speakers and see if they see the same I did, but that´s a slim chance, and I perfectely understand that ;) .
Anyway, I am starting fresh as I said, and redo the whole thing before anything else. I erased all presets, erased HFD and REW and related files, returned to factory config, loaded a brand new Hypex HFD 4.95, form the site a new REW, flashed the firmware again, and will try again using both my Toshiba and Surface analogue outs in the Hypexs and my MF Kw 250S( Archimago had measured these and they certainly are ok), and maybe through another conventional amp and preamp setup I have. I might even try something more convoluted, like outputting analogue into the MF, and then use its preamp output to input the Hypex and see if that makes a difference. Only after that will I try and use digital and see if there is any difference, because anyway, I want to be able to use analog with no issues, although for 90% or the time I just use my CdD spdif output or TV box Toslink output into the Fusions. I will be reporting back, hopefully with shorter posts, sorry about that..
And of course I wil also be contacting Hypex tech support and hear from their side, if there continues to seem to be a problem attributable to their products. They have been very good so far with other small stuff I ran into, very quick and hellpfull I must say, my customer experience with them has been peerless so far, and I expect it to continue so, and they, more than anyone may will probably have something relevant to say about this..

Hello,

does anyone know an easy way to transfer the filters that I created in REW into the HFD software?
I noticed that the "REW Equaliser" Setting "Rephase" is kinda similar in Q and gain, but not for shelves and it is kinda annoying for me to do all the stuff in HFD itself. I am faster with REW :)

Another question:

When I use a FA253 Amp, is it possible to use the 2 and 3 ampchannel separately? For example, I have a 3-way System and want to use the 1. Channel for Highs, Second Channel for Mids but use the 2x250W Amp in BTL or even seperately for each Mid speaker (if I use two) and then cut off the 3 channel of the DSP and use it external to another Amp to Power the Bass.

thanks a lot!

I just had one of my fa123's that is only a couple of weeks old go crazy on me.

I went to change the filter preset to something I have been using all week and when it changed, my speaker was blasting at a level that I can assume is full volume. I turned it off for a bit and tried again. The 3rd preset was still much louder than the others no matter what volume I set the plate amp. I coped my 2nd preset to the 3rd and upload that. The volume was still messed up. I then set the eq to defaults and uploaded that. Now things are back to normal.

I've been using one eq to lower the bass on the different presets for a late-night mode. I wonder if this somehow got messed up along the way? The only thing that happened between yesterday and today is the fa123 powered off a few times due to the sleep timer.

I am now a little jumpy about changing the preset while music is playing. I was counting on this for comparing settings.

My fingers are crossed that this was a random event or because I accidentally did something.

Reactions: 1 user
Good morning,

Someone recently mentioned these FA123s on another forum and so my curiosity brought me here. Currently my system is a basic 2 way loud speaker for home theater L/C/R. Currently running a Parasound 6 channel amp and Ashley Protea dsp. The thought from the other forum was to use a single FA123 on each speaker with a coaxial driver from BMS and using 2 channels on the BMS coaxial and one on the bass bin.

The only site I have found these FA123s available is Madison Sound (I will need to confirm with them that they are in stock). But does anyone know of any other sites in the U.S. that these can be purchased?

Has anyone compared the sound of these amps to other amps such as Parasound or McIntosh?

Hi guys

I have some strange problem with Fusion 253. When is in slave mode, after switching off/on, it is going mute (- 96) even if volume is locked at +3 dB.
On first picture is device setting before switch off and on second when switched on again

Attachments

• hypex adjustment.png
    hypex adjustment.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 311
  • hypex after off-on.png
    hypex after off-on.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 304