The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Is it possible to use the modules and apply some modifications to make a 2 channel amp from the FA253? DSP no longer needed just want two NC250 amp channels

Yes. If the NC100 (tweeter channel) is no longer needed, set the gain to the lowest value possible, which I believe is -144 dB. Since you no longer require any DSP function, you should remove all filters from the two NC250 channels. Then add a single unity filter to each NC250. This will give you two full range channels with no EQ.

I would advise to look up the Purifi amp with its stereo test board. This may be easier to use for you... and probably a bit better even...

Fedde

Purifi is really great, but as per Benchmark, the NC400 seems to be a best value for the moment.
In my opinion, the best choice regarding the performance / price ratio is the NC250MP, I get them @ 125$ / board. No need to spend too much for a great DIY Ncore.
Most major brands sell their dual Mono NC250 more than $800, it's crazy !!!

You can get a Purifi finished amp (2x400W) for 1350 euros. This is the best price I saw.

index.php

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

There was a question in Jan 2019 asking if someone had already come up with a display of the preset and/or source and/or level for the Fusion amps.

Before getting my hands dirty on that (mainly for the preset as far as I am concerned), did someone already try something since then ? (I would guess through I2C)

I need to adjust the phase in the crossover region and cannot adjust the phase enough using the all pass filters. Is there a way to disconnect the amps from the DSP/DAC board so I can use a PC and DAC to the amps directly?

I've been thinking of gutting my FA253's and reuse the amp modules (basically build an Apollon) and use it in connection with a minidsp 2x4hd for much the same reason.

It seems perfectly doable but it would be interesting to hear from somebody who has tried something similar.

I've been thinking of gutting my FA253's and reuse the amp modules (basically build an Apollon) and use it in connection with a minidsp 2x4hd for much the same reason.

It seems perfectly doable but it would be interesting to hear from somebody who has tried something similar.

Yes, it would solve many problems for me. The fusion would have worked if it wasn't for the inability to manage phase as my mid driver drifts to 90degrees out by the frequency I would like to cross over at. Add this to the phase changes of a 4th order LR crossover, and the crossover doesn't work. I don't want to EQ it up, as off axis it may be more in phase and hence louder.

Yes, it would solve many problems for me. The fusion would have worked if it wasn't for the inability to manage phase as my mid driver drifts to 90degrees out by the frequency I would like to cross over at. Add this to the phase changes of a 4th order LR crossover, and the crossover doesn't work. I don't want to EQ it up, as off axis it may be more in phase and hence louder.
If you have phase problem between your drivers, then there is either frequency response or timing problems or both. Both can be fixed within HFD, and if you solve the those two aspect then the phase problems is solved.

Or did I miss something?

Of course there is only limited slopes which works as in-phase crossovers and flat frequency response with IIR or analogue filters, these are the Linkwitz-Riley slopes.

Last edited:
If you have phase problem between your drivers, then there is either frequency response or timing problems or both. Both can be fixed within HFD, and if you solve the those two aspect then the phase problems is solved.

Or did I miss something?

Of course there is only limited slopes which works as in-phase crossovers and flat frequency response with IIR or analogue filters, these are the Linkwitz-Riley slopes.

The driver rises in phase as the frequency lowers

Here is the raw driver on the horn with no crossover etc

Desired crossover point is 500hz to bass driver.

2452H + JMLC 350hz RAW phase.jpg - Google Drive