The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

lbstyling

You need to create a frequency response first, which follows a desired Linkwitz-Riley slope (LR2, LR4 or whatever) If this is done with the low-pass and high-pass, then you need to adjust the timing to get the deepest null in the summed frequency response with one driver reversed polarity, then flip the polarity back to normal. Done, phases are matched.

But remember that with LR2 slopes the normal polarity is that when one driver have the opposite polarity than the other.

Even if you do not plan to use LR4 crossover slope, the LR4 is a great tool to get the timing right. Apply an LR4 crossover and reverse the phase on one driver... adjust the delay on the driver which is physically closer to you (typically the tweeter) until the null is maximized. This delay is the right delay for LR4, LR2, BW3

I just got my FA251 and use them with a Ridtaler dipole sub.

With normal recordings, it works well, but with some more bass intensive recordings (even in Jazz/Blues, no techno), the red protection goes with the beat on and off...Harry Belafonte can make the amp go in protection...

I have not switch the soft clipping feature on as the manual says there is a price to pay regarding soundquality when switched on.

So, what is the conclusion ? Your experience ?

Should I go to the fa501 instead ? Ignore the red led ? Switch soft clipping on ? Or build another pair of sub to increase sensitivity and stay with the fa251 ?

Thanks for your input

Fa 502 ? I actually like the high-level-input of the Mono-Modules...

...no additional load for my DAC/preamp plus you get the gain gambling out of the way...the Ripoles are with two 25cm not very sensitive, I guess I need to add a pair of them in any case, which doubles sensitivity and adds some reserves to the fa251 as we are than at 3.2 ohm...but not sure if that will be enough. Right now I still have the option to give the fa251 back to the dealer

Daanve, Are you sure ? These ones have +-11mm, so 22mm in total....if your comment holds true, than a stronger module would make no sense and the only reasonable approach would be add more units as this will bring sensitivity up and both, the woofer and the amp out of the clipping...question is only, how to measure if they reached already xmax ? I like to understand the true bottleneck here not guestimating....

Yes, that is what I am currently thinking as well...parallel them...and no, there is no horrible noise at all, its just the red blinking of the LED which is a bit disturbing my peace of mind.

I will make some measurements before I switch to parallel mode, so that I can level the output to the same level and see if I can dial back gain /volume by-6db as sensitivity of the total system should go up now, which might lead to less stress for the amp.