200W IRS2092 Amp for $20

I just got this new board from Aliexpress and i'm going to install and test it instead of the old i have.
As maybe you can see the negative of the speaker is in common with main ground, can i turn the amp safely or i risk something?
Thank you and sorry for bad english.

Please, report about this as soon as possible.
One is on the way to me, too.
What do you use as power supply?

DoctorData,
That is great to hear! Thank you :)
Have you tried driving 4ohm loads with that amp at +/-55v , and if so did it sound alright to you?

My speakers are 8 ohms ( minimum impedance around 6 ohms ), but when I build the amps I tested them with a 4 ohms dummy load on 20hz , 1khz and 20khz sine waves and they clipped around 320 watts as I recall .The scope sine wave looked very clear to me , so I think it should sound alright .
The test was only for a couple of minutes , because my dummy load got really hot ( as did the output inductors )and my SMPS got in over current protection on 20hz a couple of times .

Cheers ,

Rens

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
My speakers are 8 ohms ( minimum impedance around 6 ohms ), but when I build the amps I tested them with a 4 ohms dummy load on 20hz , 1khz and 20khz sine waves and they clipped around 320 watts as I recall .The scope sine wave looked very clear to me , so I think it should sound alright .
The test was only for a couple of minutes , because my dummy load got really hot ( as did the output inductors )and my SMPS got in over current protection on 20hz a couple of times .

Cheers ,

Rens

320 watts is not too bad. Are you using the same $20amp shown in post number 1? Or the L15?

Have you had a chance to compare your IRS2092 vs TPA3116D2?

I have a fully modded L15D and a fully modded YJ TPA 3116.
I got this listening comparaison 2 years ago, and maybe I have to do it again.
For me, IRS2092 sounded more accurate.
But a lot of music fatigue. I couldn't listen music for more than 1 or 2 hours.
This is why my current system is based on TPA316. I have my L15D... for selling if someone want it....

Yep saw that but thanks! These would be ideal if the aux voltages were +/- 15vdc... Know of any that have that? I wrote connex(?) But haven't gotten a response yet...

Yes the Connex sMPS's come with an Aux output that they can configure for +/-15vdc at your request. I believe they have a maximum draw of about 250mA though (should be fine for most x-overs or preamps, etc)

L15D works fine on +/- 55V for a couple of years now .

Cheers ,

Rens

I'm glad you like him.
I think a reliable amplifier, it takes a long time.
In a few years time, I tried many times post L15D to smd slice of a smaller size.

The result is that their output signal distortion is very high,
That is why I have been using single circuit board, into the cause of the dip resistance.
In the absence of the input signal, measure output OUT GND. 400-500 k can understand digital power amplifier distortion of PWM graphics.

May be unable to distinguish between the ears.

The following several products are failure.
They can also have music.
In spare time, I would to buy a comparison test of the first page of the amplifier, if someone is interested in seeing?

Attachments

• IMG_3091.jpg
    IMG_3091.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 562
Last edited: