TPA3116D2 Amp

Try connecting the wired input L and R to the signal ground (middle pin) via large value resistors.
L - Big R - GND - Big R - R

Thanks Jerms

So if I understand you correctly, I make this connection at the aux connector on the BT board (this being vacant since I will remove the line input connection from my laptop).
Since I'm an electronics noob, could you define 'large value resistor' please.

TPA3116 got it running. Running 12V psu at 1.5amps. Took the input plug from an old CPU cooler. It sounds pretty good.Maybe a bit darker than usual. but there's very little noise so it could be misleading. It's for my sub project, but it seems to run the 8" bookshelf speakers fine. Might be lacking a little in rhythm and timing.

I wonder if it's easy to upgrade. What needs to be upgraded.

I received a TPA3116 board which got two of its 'connections' from the the chip soldered together. Should i turn it on and test it, or return it right away?
tkWTAeb.jpg

Power supply

I have dual tpa3116 xh-m190 2 channel cards on order. These are 2x100w, I expect they are configured as master/slave. I plan to use 19v laptop power supplies. So max amp will be a touch over 10a, most laptops ps max out at 7amps. Will a 6.3 amp/120w ps likely be up to the job for reasonable listening levels? I swop speakers regularly so the nominal impedance will range from 4-16 ohm sensitivities 85db/1w1m +

In my experience a 16V 3.6A Thinkpad PSU works well enough with the dual chip.

Running 2x dual chips @ 19V, I think you'll find the volume controls useful. Though as always, it depends on intended use and venue.

You'll need the extra "oomph" if you're trying to drive speakers very loud and/or in a larger or noisier environment.

J.

I think you'll find the volume controls useful. Though as always, it depends on intended use and venue.J.

Thanks for the PSU info. Can you please clarify, that the pots are useful but depends on use?? Are these pots worth swapping out straight away? if so I'll get replacements on order.

Am I right in thinking the XH-M190 arrive configured as master/slave synched so output voltage swing is doubled and current draw is same as a single chip?

I gather the gain on these is set up to 36db, is it beneficial swapping out the gain resistors and input cap to set this to 20bd or 26bd?

I have an Audiobah and a 3118, but am going to dip my toes into the 2.1 pool and am considering either a 2.1 amp or a small stereo board with the separate mono sub amp Poultrygeist posted. Question is, whether or not its worth the double cost... are any specific 2.1 boards out there recommended over the others? Ones to avoid?