TPA3116D2 Amp

Personally, I prefer the Sanwu blue TPA3118 for simple boards with no "extenders".
They're mono, so you'll need at least two for stereo operation.

https://www.banggood.com/TPA3118-PBTL-1x60W-8V-24V-Mono-Digital-Amplifier-Board-p-1095247.html

One site selling them. There are many other vendors especially on eBay. Also many cheaper clones.

JST XH terminal/lead sets for input, and either 3.5mm screw terminal (horrible) or "pluggable terminal" set for speaker output.

J.

This vendor is out of stock, any known vendors of legitimate Sanwu boards?

This vendor is out of stock, any known vendors of legitimate Sanwu boards?

It is a lottery. Original vendor I used 12 months ago doesn't sell them now.
Recently received boards are not branded Sanwu on the PCB. Despite advert piccies showing examples of a branded board. On eBay at least, they seem to nick each other's photos.

At this point I'd say buy cheap. Or buy a Volt+ Or buy from someone stating genuine Sanwu (if you can find one).

It is a lottery. Original vendor I used 12 months ago doesn't sell them now.
Recently received boards are not branded Sanwu on the PCB. Despite advert piccies showing examples of a branded board. On eBay at least, they seem to nick each other's photos.

At this point I'd say buy cheap. Or buy a Volt+ Or buy from someone stating genuine Sanwu (if you can find one).
My experience with 3116d2 is very good. Very good sound, better than volt+.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

The 3116D2 can be had from the Sanwu site for $10 shipped, so that is the obvious choice if the brand is truly important. Some of the 3118 no name boards look suspiciously like the Sanwu without the brand, just the brand name missing, probably same board, no? On some, the inductor looks different, so definitely not the same board, but the layout is otherwise identical, though lettering not as sharp. I ordered the Banggood 3118 with the Sanwu on the back in the pics (and $5+ price to match), but with these sites, we know the pics have little to do with what is delivered. I ordered some highly counterfeited Sennheiser iem once for $8 shipped, expecting a fake, and lo and behold, a genuine arrived. One of their tactics is to ship both fake and genuine is all I can guess. That was dealextreme.com.

For the 3110, I take it the obvious mod is to replace the 1uf input and .22uf ceramic caps with metallized polypropylene film? I have had and played with the Sure version with a 12V and did not find it any where near as satisfying as the original version Sure TA2020, but I am going to do the mod and use an 18V supply, perhaps 12V is just not enough juice for these.

Last edited:
On the small sure tpa3110 ceramics are meant to be 220nF, measuring between 150nF and 180nF. Also some 1nF ceramics, no 1uF or other. Lack of bass is caused by gainsetting and ~150nF inputcapacitors.
Bigger sure tpa3110(pcb like 2020) I believe has 2.2uF ceramic inputcapacitors, that value sounds differently, no matter ceramic or PP or mylar.

On the small sure tpa3110 ceramics are meant to be 220nF, measuring between 150nF and 180nF. Also some 1nF ceramics, no 1uF or other. Lack of bass is caused by gainsetting and ~150nF inputcapacitors.
Bigger sure tpa3110(pcb like 2020) I believe has 2.2uF ceramic inputcapacitors, that value sounds differently, no matter ceramic or PP or mylar.

Correct, I measured .2uF on ceramic input caps C1 and C10. The outputs C4, C5, C12, and C13 at 1.23nF. So values differ substantially from the TPA3110 datasheet.